Ammo question. Nothing to do with defense.

This is a discussion on Ammo question. Nothing to do with defense. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Given that I figured this was a fine spot to post it. So I haven't used it yet but I found some .357 reloaded ammo ...

Given that I figured this was a fine spot to post it. So I haven't used it yet but I found some .357 reloaded ammo for sale only .357 ammo I've seen sense December mind you.. Real interesting to see as there is basically no round it is lead that is completely flat and flush to the rim of the casing. This is for target shooting of course and I don't have an issue with shooting it out of my bnib gp100 as this gun is in excellent condition. Just want to know what to expect from this reloaded ammo and what's the deal with these flat rounds?

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The "flat rounds" are wadcutters. This is a target round since they punch nice clean holes in the paper target. Although I do recall reading where some do carry wadcutters as a SD round. As far as reloads, I think you are safe with a reputable company. You might want to look at the brass to see if there are cracks or other flaws. I would not buy reloads from a private seller unless I knew him ( or her) personally.

Based on your description, these are wadcutter loads, typically used for target practice but ideal for small game. The bullet has a flat (square) nose so it punches nice, clean holes in paper targets. About the only drawback is that without a rounded bullet nose, reloading either from a speed loader or just single rounds is a bit slower.

Hard to say how hot or mild they're loaded, without some velocity info from the seller.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

An example: Buffalo Bore's .45 Colt 225gr wadcutter, along with a good description of what it is, why they load it the way they do, expected performance based on tests.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links