Are things getting a little better?

This is a discussion on Are things getting a little better? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Today, I just went to my LGS to pick up some Glock mags. There were plenty of mags for all different pistols on the shelf. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Are things getting a little better?

Today, I just went to my LGS to pick up some Glock mags. There were plenty of mags for all different pistols on the shelf.

There were also plenty of AR platform rifles on the shelves. Glock 19's and 17's in black and FDE too. 9mm's were nowhere to be found in the past few months.

Last time I was there, a couple of weeks ago, they were wiped out. As were most of the other gun shops in my area.

I didn't notice how much ammo was available, but I did go to Wally world afterwards, and they didn't have any pistol ammo still.

I'm even noticing less price gouging on "guns for sale" on some of the local forums and sales sites.

How are things in your area?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Not yet! You got lucky. We have to get thru the BS that the Senate will deal with in April and big mouth Uncle Joe who is working on "gun control" as a distraction from the poor leadership skills of this administration. Supplies and items will come in and out of stock for next few months.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

i certainly hope so. i haven't bought any guns or ammo since Newtown. i already had enough to get by with, and i try to not buy when prices are temporarily (i hope) inflated. i'm already too good at buying high and selling low.

at some point supply will catch up to demand, and things will return to whatever the new normal turns out to be.

the risk i take in waiting is that some things will be banned under the new normal.

VIP Member
    I think people are starting to realize that guns without ammo, don't do you much good.

GH
    I certainly hope things are getting better. I called my gun suppler today about the M&P 40C I bought & paid for in December. At the time they said it could take as long as 3 months. Now they're saying 6 - 8 months. I'd go back & take the money I paid for it but at the deal I got I can wait. This is a police supply store & they give great deals to LEO, Security & Military, well below the going prices even 3 months ago BUT - they're down on the list of shipment priorities.

The deal was $455 with 3 mags & Trijicon night sights.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Not here. No ammo for me, but plenty of ammo for everyone else. That is, unless you shoot a .45, 9mm, or 22lr, then you are just as SOL as I am. Mags have always been pretty easy to find. AR15 and AK still in the 3000+ range. People around here tend to be frugal, so when prices went to WELL above retail, people just stopped buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I certainly hope things are getting better. I called my gun suppler today about the M&P 40C I bought & paid for in December. At the time they said it could take as long as 3 months. Now they're saying 6 - 8 months. I'd go back & take the money I paid for it but at the deal I got I can wait. This is a police supply store & they give great deals to LEO, Security & Military, well below the going prices even 3 months ago BUT - they're down on the list of shipment priorities.

The deal was $455 with 3 mags & Trijicon night sights.
    I don't blame you. For a price like that, I'd wait too.

VIP Member
    Once tax refund season is over maybe settle down a bit more!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I've seen signs that its improving but I am also looking for these signs.

Things are a little better here. Went to fun show last weekend and seen prices were much better. Pistol ammo is still hard to come by though.

Local store had a few Higher end AR's with in 100 dollars of normal price.
    Supplies will come and go. Then down the road no more. This current victory is just a slow down.
    They are not going away. If they can't do it at a federal level yet they will work one state at a time.
    Remember this next time you vote

IMO: not visibly, not obviously, and certainly not everywhere.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I can find pp ammo for my 9mm.I bought some magtech,Saturday.They weren't as high as some i've seen.Fmj's are hard to come by still.I bought my AR from a place about 70 miles from me,3 yrs ago.I went back there,last week,for the first time in a while.They have some ARS for about 1250.00.That's still cheaper than some places are charging.

NOt in the market for a new gun right now, but I am seeing an uptick of more ammo on the shelves. 45, 308 and 5.56 and some 40 anytime I go. But, with 9mm they shipments come in every day, but you have to be right there when it is laid out to buy it. If not, you are out of luck. Also, there still is a 2 box max.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Saw an AR and 5.56 ammo on the shelf at the LGS today for the first time in a while.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links