How this forum may have protected me today. Thank you.

This is a discussion on How this forum may have protected me today. Thank you. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thank you to a few of you that have been posting about rounds having the bullet pushed back into the brass too far. Wife and ...

Thread: How this forum may have protected me today. Thank you.

Thank you to a few of you that have been posting about rounds having the bullet pushed back into the brass too far.

Wife and I, and a buddy's family were all out shooting today. After shooting the shotguns, we walked over about twenty or thirty yards to a river bed (dry) to shoot pistols (terrain gives a better backstop). I put my box of ammo down and loaded up my mag. After twenty or thirty minutes a few of them were standing around talking, and I noticed someone had stepped on my box of ammo (that's what I get for putting it on the ground, even if there was no place else to put it).

I thought about a couple of threads in this forum, and pulled out a few rounds to check. Sure enough, one of them looked like it was seated lower than the rest. I gave it to a buddy to dispose (we were out back from his house) and shot the rest of the box without a problem. I probably could have used that one as well, I also could have blown my handgun up, especially as I've learned here, since it's a .40 cal.

So thank you to all of you who are passing on your knowledge. It may have saved me a pretty harrowing experience - or worse.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Glad you noticed it. There's a lot of info available on this forum,, some of it could really save your butt.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Better safe than sorry, I guess, but I've never had a setback issue on factory ammo.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    That's awesome! Good for you...great to always be learning!
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Sponsored Links