If you were a HOME INVADER which of YOUR barrels would you least want to look down?

This is a discussion on If you were a HOME INVADER which of YOUR barrels would you least want to look down? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Saw this on the TAURUS forum and figured why not post here. I posted it in the FNowners forum and got mainly same results. So ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: If you were a HOME INVADER which of YOUR barrels would you least want to look down?

Cool If you were a HOME INVADER which of YOUR barrels would you least want to look down?

Saw this on the TAURUS forum and figured why not post here. I posted it in the FNowners forum and got mainly same results. So for the sake of "carry" lets think about your pistol collections. "Pretend" your shotgun is downstairs in pieces to be cleaned or have something added to it, what's next? Post them up! Makes you think about your whole arsenal and which is actually the most devastating (which is not always your favorite) Shotguns in 12ga seemed to be a hot choice...

I wouldn't want to be staring down the barrel of any weapon... That being said, I would prob have the most fear struck into me if I were staring down my AR "Betty." It may make the smallest hole, but such a loud, fast, accurate, menacing "looking" device. I would be running back for the door/window I came through in a heartbeat!

DSC_4767.jpg

Now, back to handguns I suppose. I would most likely be hi-tailing out outta' there if my FNH FNX-45 was spotlighting me with 110lumens and pin pointing me with a red laser. The shear accuracy, size and round count of the handgun is the winner here!

DSC_4789.jpg

Next up on the list of last weapons I would want pointed at me would be the TAURUS PT145. It comes after the FNX due to the small size, low round count and MY lack of accuracy with it at the moment. Though, anytime you are "looking down the barrel of a .45," chances are you won't be sticking around to see what happens next!

DSC_4784.jpg

Close 4th and almost tied with the PT145 for 3rd would be the RUGER SR9. This sleek, full sized handgun shows a smaller barrel, but if that red laser is pointed on you with 17rds. of 115gr Hornady CD shortly following after, I wouldn't be too pleased with my current situation!

DSC_4779.jpg

Yes, I was a bit bored today and wanted new pictures of the guns anyway. All photographs were taken with a "Snap-Cap" in each barrel for most accurate look. Here's the family...

DSC_4792.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Well firstly if I am an armed invader Im going to shoot at those pretty little lights showing me where you are first unless im deaf and blind.

But I digress lets assume im not armed. Here at my house since the cat is playing with the shotgun Id be a bit concerned with the sks pointed at me, the 40 cal and the 22lr I guess would fall into the " I dont know how many guns itll take before im dead but I know how many he brought to shoot me with "" catagory
    RickyD and oldnfat like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    This is the one to not have pointed at you, regardless of the range or circumstances:

xcr 700 tac 002.jpg
    msgt/ret, AZJD1968 and GhostMaker like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Interesting, .40cal I would hope 1st then. A home invader is already pumped full of adrenaline, on the edge and if bright lights flash at him he/she will spray in the direction of the light (Agreed), also if the light is on, shots are being fired from my end after I acquire/recognize the target as not being a sister/brother coming in to surprise "kidnap" me on my birthday or a matter of that sort. Much better than turning the lights on so they can see your body IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Well firstly if I am an armed invader Im going to shoot at those pretty little lights showing me where you are first unless im deaf and blind.

But I digress lets assume im not armed. Here at my house since the cat is playing with the shotgun Id be a bit concerned with the sks pointed at me, the 40 cal and the 22lr I guess would fall into the " I dont know how many guns itll take before im dead but I know how many he brought to shoot me with "" catagory
    If those "pretty little lights" are in your eyes you are going to be temporarily blind in close quarters.

Seriously, you're talking about home invaders and you're worried about antagonizing them with a weapon light??? If I'm laid back waiting to see if someone kicks the bedroom door in and I illuminate them with my weapon light they're about 4# of pull away from me lighting them up like a cheap cigar.

Oh ghost, you going to set that turnbolt up in the bipod in the livingroom? ;) I do know a guy who set his varmint rifle up in a long hallway to shoot feral cats off of the hood of his pickup truck...but that's another story :D
    TopGunRMNP likes this.

any barrel with a hole pointed my way..................
    Taurahe, USM1976 and sixgun like this.

My m&p .45. Since my shotgun is just out of reach
    TopGunRMNP likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wdbailey View Post

Oh ghost, you going to set that turnbolt up in the bipod in the livingroom? ;) I do know a guy who set his varmint rifle up in a long hallway to shoot feral cats off of the hood of his pickup truck...but that's another story :D
    He asked which of my barrels I would least want to look down. That's the one. Tactics are on a different thread.
    TopGunRMNP likes this.
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    None of them.

If you were a HOME INVADER which of YOUR barrels would you least want to look down?
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Whichever one is pointed at me. In my case, most likely a XDm-9 4.5. 19+1 with extra mags, dead on accurate, smooth, and quick to lay down a lot of fire. Not something I would want to be on the receiving end of. I bought it specifically for HD. Capacity, accuracy, and smooth speed.

If it wasn't that one, it would be a XD40sc with 12+1 and extra 12 round mags. It is my typical carry gun using 9+1 mags. Sometimes I get home I just swap out to the higher cap mags and use it for HD.

In any event, either of these handguns will get my to my shotgun. As was previously said, I don't know how many guns it may take to stop an intruder, but I know how many I will have at my disposal.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

45 colt Vaquero with 230 gn hollow points. The bad guy can see what type of round I am going to shoot him with in the chambers.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

VIP Member
    Looking down the barrel of just about any firearm may be cause for loosing bowel control but I think a 12 gauge would be most intimidating. I remember many years ago when I worked part time at a gas station one of the people on the earlier shift was robbed at gunpoint, when the police asked him what type of weapon was used his response was “ I don’t know but I wonder how he held something that big up”.
    BugDude likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Please ensure your firearm is unloaded before taking these kinds of pictures!

If this is some sort of trend, I fully expect to be reading about some fool killing himself sometime soon.
    Badey and BeefyG like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    Please ensure your firearm is unloaded before taking these kinds of pictures!

If this is some sort of trend, I fully expect to be reading about some fool killing himself sometime soon.
    Think the camera flash might ignite the primers?
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Think the camera flash might ignite the primers?
    No, I think John Doe might think it's cool to point a gun at himself to take a picture and have an ND to the face.

I know there's many ways to take the picture without pointing the gun at you, but others might not, and breaking a fundamental firearm safety rule for the sake of a "cool pic" is something I can fully envision the next Darwin Award winner doing.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links