1st grader bings pistol to school in back pack

This is a discussion on 1st grader bings pistol to school in back pack within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Carman-Ainsworth Supt.: 1st grader brought unloaded gun to schoo - ABC 12 ? WJRT ? Flint, MI These parents have some explaining to do! The ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By bigmacque
  • 1 Post By icemanls2
  • 2 Post By thrasherg
  • 3 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: 1st grader bings pistol to school in back pack

Carman-Ainsworth Supt.: 1st grader brought unloaded gun to schoo - ABC 12 ? WJRT ? Flint, MI

These parents have some explaining to do! The gun was unloaded with no magazine thankfully. I have no tolerance for this type of disregard. How can you have small children and not know where your pistol is at ALL times? All I can say is maybe prosecution will do them some good.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I sincerely hope his parents pay a very stiff price and penalty for this.
    If you're going to teach your kid firearms safety and provide them with orientation to weapons, then do it right and tell them to never, ever touch one without you around.
    icemanls2 and msgt/ret like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

aw c'mon.. another story from Michigan.. what is wrong with you people!?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    aw c'mon.. another story from Michigan.. what is wrong with you people!?
    Which people you referring to? The People that post these Idiotic Stories,or the People that fail to secure their firearms
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

A good reminder for anyone who owns weapons: secure them; know where they are; ensure you children cannot gain unsupervised access under any conditions, until they're of a maturity in which the full and complete responsibility is well-understood. Gun-proof the children.

Age 6 isn't all that old. And it's practically an infant, if the parents have failed to instill any sense of what weaponry is all about in addition to the risks of such things.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Which people you referring to? The People that post these Idiotic Stories,or the People that fail to secure their firearms
    So you find the securing of firearms so kids don't get their hands on them "Idiotic" ? Maybe your part of the problem. I don't see any part of that story as Idiotic. Only replies like yours appear "idiotic" to me.
    suntzu likes this.

It seems like you might all be jumping the gun a little here.. The article stated that the police did NOT know where the child got the gun.. It may not have been a fault of the parents!! Unlikely, but we should probably wait for more info before calling for the parents public flogging!!

Gary
    phreddy and msgt/ret like this.

I think that we may need a brief reminder here...

2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip and don't post it.\

Some members are getting close to 'insults'...let's cool it down a bit.

Consider this a fair warning.
    Hook686, msgt/ret and bigmacque like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by icemanls2 View Post
    So you find the securing of firearms so kids don't get their hands on them "Idiotic" ? Maybe your part of the problem. I don't see any part of that story as Idiotic. Only replies like yours appear "idiotic" to me.
    Cool your jets, buddy. I think he's saying the stories are idiotic, due to the idiocy contained therein.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

You guys must not have kids. I had 18 apple boxes in the back of my walk in closet. They were stacked 3 high by 3 wide, so there were two rows. In the bottom box in the center of the back most row were some old Playboy magazines from the 60's. My kids told me years later (like 20) how when they were in first/second grade they and their local playmates use to laugh about all the naked pictures. I never went into those boxes and never even imagined the kids would. I learned that if it is in the house, even under lock and key, one of your kids will eventually find it. Before judging the parents, perhaps wait until more information is released.
    Last edited by Hook686; March 27th, 2013 at 11:56 AM.

I do have 2 children, a boy 6 yrs old and a daughter 11 yrs old. I realize in the post that I flamed out that it is possible the comment was meant a couple different ways and I may have jumped the gun. If I did then I'm a big enough man to admit a mistake and I appologize if that is the case. I take extra special care to make darn sure my kids (mostly my boy) doesn't get into things he shouldn't. That requires extra due diligence on my part and I do everything I can. Stories like this tug at my heartstrings because I do have children and I understand how precious life is. I was directly involved with the building of a Memorial playground in the honor of a local kindergartener( Shooting of Kayla Rolland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) after being shot by a classmate that snuck a .32 caliber handgun from his parents home in 2000. Being in 1st grade I am "assuming" the gun came from home, however I havn't heard an update and don't know that for sure. I was told that CPS is involved and the parents were being investigated. I am a little closer than most because my wife works for CPS. My wife was directly involved in the little Dominick( Dominick Calhoun, boy who died after beating in Argentine Township, wet his pants morning abuse began | MLive.com ) case. He is a 4 yr old boy that was beaten to death by his mothers boyfreind. I appologize if I may seem sensative to these stories, That's because I am. Combine that with all the other crap that goes on at the schools now and it tugs at my very core because it is senseless. If I offended anyone, again I appologize. It just needs to stop and it IS preventable.

I Bing guns all the time, but mostly I just Google them :)
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    That Dominick story is one of the worst things I've ever heard. That's absolutely one of the saddest stories.

How on earth can a scum bag sink that low?
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    That Dominick story is one of the worst things I've ever heard. That's absolutely one of the saddest stories.

How on earth can a scum bag sink that low?
    Lets just say that case is what made my wife change departments. You don't know the half of it and the other half I cannot discuss. SICK people!

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The idiots who dont know how to put a potentially dangerous item out of reach of a 6yr old. There seem to always be some real morons coming from my home State as of late..

And the people I am referring to may not be the parents.. does it matter? Some adult or delinquent juvenile left a firearm where a 6yr old could get to it, OR gave it to them.. an even worse thought.

Point being, someone back up the line was and still is responsible for what happens to that firearm... they are the idiot.

Links