New Newtown information

This is a discussion on New Newtown information within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Link here: Newtown gunman spent more than 150 rounds, killed victims within 5 minutes | Fox News Of particular note to me was the following: ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: New Newtown information

New Newtown information

Link here:

Newtown gunman spent more than 150 rounds, killed victims within 5 minutes | Fox News

Of particular note to me was the following:

"A loaded 12-gauge shotgun was found in the glove compartment of the Honda Civic Lanza drove to the school with two magazines containing 70 rounds of Winchester 12-gauge shotgun rounds."

Now, how exactly does one fit a 12-gauge shotgun in a GLOVE COMPARTMENT?

Not sure what they mean by the magazines either. 70 rounds total? Per mag? Does that include the rounds in the gun? In any event, that seems a bit off-kilter to me. Especially if these were also "in the glove compartment"...

2. Remove Ads

Faux News....
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

A loaded 12-gauge shotgun was found in the glove compartment of the Honda Civic Lanza drove to the school with two magazines containing 70 rounds of Winchester 12-gauge shotgun rounds.
    Once again, great testimony to the accuracy of our news media.

I'm still waiting to see the actual search warrant applications and related documentation. It seems the news media have access to the original docs (with redactions) but not we mere mortals. I suppose the stories have to be spun before that happens.
    mano3, blitzburgh and oneshot like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

12ga shotgun in a Honda Civic's glovebox. He had some modifications, or Fox got it badly wrong.

35rd 12ga shotgun "magazines" (big honkin' drums, more like). Either he had drums, or Fox got it badly wrong.

You're right: it makes one wonder how many things the reporting has gotten wrong since the murders occurred. One would think the official police report of on-scene evidence (guns, spent shells, items in the car, items left around the scene, bullets in the bodies/walls, etc) would have put to rest these nearly-impossible "facts" reported in the media. The operative phrase being if "one would think." In many such articles, apparently not one did. Par for the course.
    blitzburgh and mano3 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The answer was in your post, FOX news.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    12ga shotgun in a Honda Civic's glovebox. He had some modifications, or Fox got it badly wrong.

35rd 12ga shotgun "magazines" (big honkin' drums, more like). Either he had drums, or Fox got it badly wrong.

You're right: it makes one wonder how many things the reporting has gotten wrong since the murders occurred. One would think the official police report of on-scene evidence (guns, spent shells, items in the car, items left around the scene, bullets in the bodies/walls, etc) would have put to rest these nearly-impossible "facts" reported in the media. The operative phrase being if "one would think." In many such articles, apparently not one did. Par for the course.

The 12ga shotgun was in the trunk. There is video of police unloading it.
    mano3 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Faux News....
    Much better than BSNBC.
    mano3, Naufragia and blitzburgh like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Moderator
    The police found a loaded 12-gauge shotgun in the passenger compartment of the car the shooter drove to the school. The shotgun was moved by police from the passenger compartment of the car to the trunk for safekeeping.
    CSAO: Danbury State's Attorney Releases Additional Information on December 14, 2012, Incident at Sandy Hook Elementary School

With copies of search warrants

This is the official press release and I do wonder how the press could read this and still get things so screwed up???
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Moderator
    Sorry that was a link to just the Official press release

Here is an NPR link that has the PDF's of the warrants. Police Reports Detail 'Arsenal' At Newtown Shooter's Home : The Two-Way : NPR
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

"...Sedensky said Lanza killed all 26 victims inside Sandy Hook Elementary School with a Bushmaster .223-caliber rifle before taking his own life with a Glock 10 mm handgun. He says Lanza had another loaded handgun with him inside the school as well as three, 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster.

Sedensky said 154 spent .223 casings were recovered at the scene..."

Chilling New Details Emerge on Newtown Shooter After Authorities Release Documents | TheBlaze.com

So let me see if I got this straight:

three 30 round magazines for the .223 caliber rifle = 91 rounds maximum were fired from the 3 magazines including 1 in the chamber.

154 spent .223 caliber casings were recovered from the scene

If the alleged "lone shooter" had a maximum of 91 rounds of .223 ammo ready to be fired (chambered gun and 3 loaded 30 round magazines), who fired the other 63 rounds of .223 ammo which resulted in a total of 154 spent .223 caliber casings that were recovered from the scene?

Are we suppose to believe that the alleged "lone shooter" paused during the shooting to manually load two of the 30 round magazines as well as load the third magazine with at least 3 rounds?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post

So let me see if I got this straight:

three 30 round magazines for the .223 caliber rifle = 91 rounds maximum were fired from the 3 magazines including 1 in the chamber.

154 spent .223 caliber casings were recovered from the scene

If the alleged "lone shooter" had a maximum of 91 rounds of .223 ammo ready to be fired (chambered gun and 3 loaded 30 round magazines), who fired the other 63 rounds of .223 ammo which resulted in a total of 154 spent .223 caliber casings that were recovered from the scene?

Are we suppose to believe that the alleged "lone shooter" paused during the shooting to manually load two of the 30 round magazines as well as load the third magazine with at least 3 rounds?
    Yes it was a lone shooter and if you read the official report that I linked to above you will find out that he had 9 mags 3 of which were full.

" Recovered from the person of the shooter, in addition to more ammunition for the handguns, were three, 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster, each containing 30 rounds. Located in the area of the shootings were six additional 30-round magazines containing 0, 0, 0, 10, 11, and 13 live rounds respectively. One-hundred-and-fifty-four spent .223 casings were recovered from the scene.

No cover-up just really bad reporting, and then more reporting using the bad reporting as a source.
    mcp1810 and Brad426 like this.

― Robert A. Heinlein,

We will never, ever know the entire truth about this. Some of the "powers that be" don't want the truth to come out, they want us to believe the evil guns were at fault and they have the plan to correct that.

I wonder if someone could "test" that firing theory by getting someone that may possess the same skill level as the maniac and see if they could reconstruct the shooting as they say it happend. I say they can't or won't. It doesn't fit the agenda if it is proven to be wrong. All this does is show doubt of how it really happend and if they can keep the real truth from coming about I think that is what is going on here.

Not to be considered a conspiracy theory or anything like that but it does hint towards it a little.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Sorry that was a link to just the Official press release

Here is an NPR link that has the PDF's of the warrants. Police Reports Detail 'Arsenal' At Newtown Shooter's Home : The Two-Way : NPR

Nope... those PDFs are dated 3/27 and are the prosecutor's request for redacting the search warrants, not the actual search warrants.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    We will never, ever know the entire truth about this. Some of the "powers that be" don't want the truth to come out, they want us to believe the evil guns were at fault and they have the plan to correct that.

I wonder if someone could "test" that firing theory by getting someone that may possess the same skill level as the maniac and see if they could reconstruct the shooting as they say it happend. I say they can't or won't. It doesn't fit the agenda if it is proven to be wrong. All this does is show doubt of how it really happend and if they can keep the real truth from coming about I think that is what is going on here.

Not to be considered a conspiracy theory or anything like that but it does hint towards it a little.
    @bold: I completely agree.

Far as "testing" that firing theory, it most certainly can be done. Of course, it wouldn't be sanctioned by the "powers that be" but as far as independent testing, I have no doubt that there's people on here or "out there" with the resources to at least somewhat accurately test it out if they desired to do so.

My personal opinion is that any details or "facts" we get fed about this will at least be somewhat embellished to better fit the current agenda this whole ordeal is "funding".
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Nope... those PDFs are dated 3/27 and are the prosecutor's request for redacting the search warrants, not the actual search warrants.
    Oops sorry I though I saw a heavily redacted warrant somewhere, but I might be remembering it wrong.

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links