FPSRussia raided by 40+ ATF agents and law enforcement personnel

This is a discussion on FPSRussia raided by 40+ ATF agents and law enforcement personnel within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; FPSRussia Raid: Kyle Myers's Property Searched By Federal Agents FPSRussia compound raid leaves 40-plus ATF, FBI agents empty-handed ? RT USA What is interesting here ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By tacman605
  • 4 Post By Lotus222
  • 2 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: FPSRussia raided by 40+ ATF agents and law enforcement personnel

FPSRussia Raid: Kyle Myers's Property Searched By Federal Agents

FPSRussia compound raid leaves 40-plus ATF, FBI agents empty-handed ? RT USA

What is interesting here and what relates to this forum is that the ATF is taking the position that FPSRussia needs to have a federal explosives manufacturing license because he is making a living / business in part through the use of explosives (tannerite) through his youtube channel.

Also interesting tid bits here make this seem like this may have more to do with the death of his former producer than the use of tannerite.

"The raids on the Myers’ properties were staged as part of an investigation into the death of 32-year-old Keith Richard Ratliff, who was found dead on January 3"

"Franklin County Sheriff Stevie Thomas told WHLR that Tuesday's raids were in connection with the investigation into the suspected murder of Myers's former business partner, Keith Ratliff, who was found dead from a single gunshot to the head in January in the office of FPS Industries, the weapons testing business he owned. "

They will just make up reason to get you .They can get away with it.

that freaking sucks. I enjoyed his channel. :/

I'm going to avoid posting what I really feel....it will cause unwanted attention i'm sure.

but the baseline of it is, this is only the beginning and its only going to get worse. They do not want us "enjoying guns" or even owning them anymore. It has nothing to do with Tannerite, or the guy who died.

VIP Member
    but the baseline of it is, this is only the beginning and its only going to get worse. They do not want us "enjoying guns" or even owning them anymore. It has nothing to do with Tannerite, or the guy who died.
    Oh please do tell. This will be a new one, a conspiracy against a you tuber.

Now just playing devil's advocate here. Is it possible that he was in fact making money selling, buying, using tannerite which would require a license? Is it possible that he is suspected in having something to do with the other guys death? If either of those things are true then they would have every right to serve a search warrant. It states they did not seize anything, took no guns so I guess everything was legit.

Another conspiracy wasted.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member
    Did they show up in Black Helicopters?
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Lets say this was about the explosive license... A little extreme, much??? So he isn't selling the explosive, he is making money by selling videos ...of blowing stuff up.

ATF Officer:
    "Hey guys, check out these youtube clips of this guy shooting tannerite, cool."

Eric Holder:
    "WHAT?!?! People get paid for youtube hits?!?! I need 40 agents suited up, helicopters, armed vehicles, shoot to kill boys! Raid, raid raid! We'll teach this criminal to evade taxes!"

....Couldn't they have just looked over his taxes and taken him to court?
    mano3, atctimmy, hek1620 and 1 others like this.

More interference...

Investigate the death, nothing else to see here.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Meh, this whole thing reminds me of the recent war in Iraq... Use Afghanistan and going after Bin Laden as an excuse to turn troops around after getting there to fight in Iraq.

So the cops are trying to "investigate" the death of one of FPSRussia's recent workers and friend. They have nothing on Kyle, so drum up a lame brain excuse of him needing a federal explosives permit to make money blowing stuff up on youtube. Use that as an excuse to obtain a warrant and raid his property to look for "evidence" about the murder investigation. If you want to search someone's property for evidence of a murder investigation you better have a warranted generated based on probable cause for that express purpose of searching. What they just did was an illegal search. Even with the illegal search they found nothing and couldn't even seize anything from him.

Personally, I smell lawsuit with this from Kyle. With that guy's money, I'd be taking them all the way to SCOTUS on this issue . The recent ruling of cops bringing dogs on to people's property with the express intention of "searching" by way of the dog's nose was deemed UNCONSTITUTIONAL and illegal for a reason. Drumming up some fake reason of not having a federal explosive permit where none is needed and using that as a way to obtain a warrant to search for evidence to use in a murder investigation is just illegal and unconstitutional.

Look, if Kyle was involved in the death of his co-worker he needs to rot in jail and go to hell. I have zero problem with them catching and prosecuting him if he really was culpable. But they have to do it the RIGHT way. Illegal raids onto a person's property is NOT the right way.

Don't ya hate it when a conspiracy doesn't come together?
    tacman605 and mano3 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Humblenutto there is one big problem with your theory of illegal search and lawsuits and so on.

Once a LE officer swears to an affidavit and it is signed by the judge the officer is released from liability and the judge assumes it however judges are immune from civil and criminal penalty simply for issuing the warrant.

You have a federal LE agency serving a federal search warrant based on probable cause, otherwise it would not have been issued, and a city/county/state guy saying it was for a murder investigation. HMMMMMMMMMM......I will go with the legally issued federal warrant.

Apparently they found nothing and took nothing so it would be safe to say that part is completed.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Sponsored Links