Question about Tennessee law

This is a discussion on Question about Tennessee law within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Don't know if anybody knows, but I haven't been able to find much on a Google search. I have four wooded acres. I would like ...

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar

Don't know if anybody knows, but I haven't been able to find much on a Google search.

I have four wooded acres. I would like to set up a one lane range for use with handguns only. At present, I don't have any long guns. Does anyone know where I can find laws regarding restrictions? Noise? Direction of travel?

All I have been able to find so far is that it has to be 100 yards from an occupied dwelling.

TIA
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member
    I'm an ex-Memphian. If you are in the city limits, it's against the law. If your land is in Shelby county call the sheriff's office. Good luck

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Shelby County. Not inside the city limits.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member
    Like I said, check with the sheriff's office or call the Shelby county government office on Monday. I hope you get your land set up to shoot. I still have family in Memphis and come home several times a year. It would be nice to have a place to shoot....yeah, that's a pretty strong hint.

Links