Best-looking gun in your stable: pics

This is a discussion on Best-looking gun in your stable: pics within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Got a really beautiful, good-looking firearm? Got a photograph or two of it? Let's see what you've got, if you're willing to share. Be sure ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Best-looking gun in your stable: pics

Question Best-looking gun in your stable: pics

Got a really beautiful, good-looking firearm? Got a photograph or two of it?

Let's see what you've got, if you're willing to share. Be sure to tell us what it is, for those neophytes (uh, that would be me). As well, if there's an interesting story attached, I'm sure folks would love to hear of it (ie, originally issued to G.A. Custer, this one-of-four examples of the Colt SAA has been in my family since ... with provenance ...).

* Garden-variety, contemporary factory offerings really aren't what this question's about. It's about the "specials," the true keepers, the one-of-a-kind finds, and those vintage guns that simply take your breath away.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Got a really beautiful, good-looking firearm? Got a photograph or two of it?

Let's see what you've got, if you're willing to share.

* Garden-variety, contemporary factory offerings really aren't what this question's about. It's about the "specials," the true keepers, the one-of-a-kind finds, and those vintage guns that simply take your breath away.
    Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder! I think some of mine are beautiful, though still factory stock. Looking forward to this thread!

Thats a great looking rifle Roost426
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

This is my uber rare assault-style spy pistol. It's made of polymers and industrial ceramic composites so you can beat a metal detector. It shoots special bullets that go through kevlar and are self silencing. My uncle was in the CIA in the late 90's in Iraq, and at one point he was taken hostage by the Republican Guard. Luckily he had this gun on him even though it was a prototype at the time so it was super rare. Anyway when they searched him with the handheld weapon detectors they missed it (cuz there's no metal). He killed 14 of his captors and even wounded one of Sadam's bodyguards in the escape, and eventually made it back to the CIA base. He gave it to me for my 18th birthday. I heard they finally got around to making more of these guns, but I can't remember the name at the moment. It's for sale for the right price...

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Here's one that was an off the shelf wood lottery winner. It was a JC Higgins 22 that when I got it was water stained and worn till you couldn't see any wood grain. After refinishing it had an iridescent look with at least 5 colors in it.

And after converting it to 17 Hm2 it shoots!

DR

VIP Member
    AK-47 Chinese.jpg

ok just kidding
    joker1, atctimmy, ccman and 1 others like this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Let's see some more pics!
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    anytime I can show them, I will. They are all equally beautiful.

Rogers Precision Night Commander

Chambers Custom WMG

Colt Series 80 Government

1943 M1911A

VIP Member
    Dan Wesson CBOB
    Attached Images
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    100_0887.JPG

My toy.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Call me an old timer but I buy guns, not toys. To me a gun is a deadly weapon to be used to protect my life and all that matters is that it functions as it should. All my guns are black, the reason quickly learned in Vietnam and not on the internet. Only one gun I own really looks good and it is specifically designed as a fighting gun by Wiley Clapp rather than a collectable or pretty gun. For those who know Wiley, he is not much into looks as much as he is into functionality for gun fighting. He did not a little high tech with this gun though as he abandoned his usualy brass bead front sight for a fiber optic. :) The gun is a Wiley Clapp edition of the Ruger GP100 in .357 magnum with a 3" barrel for good handling in a fight. It is not really designed to be good looking but it is the only gun that I own that is not all black and covered in skateboard tape or Hogue rubber grips. The gray finish is dull and protective as well as non reflective. I think the grips and melt job make it as fancy as I will go with a gun. BTW, this is one of my carry guns and not something I show to people. In fact, the only other person who has seen it is my wife and that was only once when I bought it. :) You can see by my avatar how all my guns look. Not very pretty.

ruger_1752.jpg
    nechaev, BigJon10125 and ccman like this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Dog View Post
    Call me an old timer but I buy guns, not toys. To me a gun is a deadly weapon to be used to protect my life and all that matters is that it functions as it should.
    Oh, stop being a fuddie-duddie. I bought this pistol solely as a refinishing project, not as a defence piece, or else I would have bought a more potent caliber. For me it's a toy, but as good a shooter as any I own.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    IMG_20130105_163813_742.jpg

To me, there is nothing more beautiful than an extended mag shotgun. Except the sight of the girl I went with to the range last weekend shooting one.
    Last edited by DontTreadOnI; April 3rd, 2013 at 06:26 PM.
    Badey likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    IMG_0588.jpgDSCN0446.jpg

Two of my favorites!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

VIP Member
    After thinking about it a good bit I came to the conclusion that I don't really have any good looking guns. The only ones that would even be considered nice looking are my 700 BDL or my Browning A-bolt. Both are well traveled hunting guns though and have a few dings. Everything I own I use and nothing is "pretty".

I had an all stainless 1911 once that was quite pretty. I never shot it so I sold it.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links