Sad Day In Connecticut History....

This is a discussion on Sad Day In Connecticut History.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; April 3, 2013 The date when Connecticut was transformed from the "Constitution State" to the "Communist State"[/B] Rest in Peace Connecticut....as soon as I can ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Sad Day In Connecticut History....

April 3, 2013
    The date when Connecticut was transformed from the "Constitution State" to the "Communist State"[/B]

Rest in Peace Connecticut....as soon as I can I am leaving you....
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

OP can you elaborate please.
    If you died today and stood in front of God and He asked you " Why should I let you into My Heaven?" what would you say?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldmaster View Post
    OP can you elaborate please.
    I believe he's talking about the bi-partisan gun control reform bill that is coming up for a vote.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Your right.....The "bi-partisan" gun bill that has probably been passed already and is being rushed to the Gov. for his signature so it can take effect right away......No one has seen a copy of this bill....but from bits and pieces that have leaked out it will make California look like Texas compared to Connecticut!
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I believe he's talking about the bi-partisan gun control reform bill that is coming up for a vote.
    G26Raven likes this.

VIP Member
    Given that Connecticut is considered one of the least desirable states as far as Second Amendment freedoms are concerned, I'd say you should have started mourning (and packing) a long time ago!
    .45acpguy and multistage like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I went and read the bill. Much worse than news is telling. A few more morsels not mentioned:
    - Once "smartguns" (what a stupid name) are available, you won't be able to buy a gun without such technology. Of course, don't worry about it - 007's personalized PPK/S worked just fine in the movie.
    - Even more ridiculous pistol grip rules than other states. So, you like that an Anschutz-style target stock on your big-bore long-range rifle? That allows your fingers to be under the action - illegal.
    - The Rossi Circuit Judge is out also - nasty revolving cylinder... unless you can get a rifled barrel (in which case it doesn't qualify as a shotgun).
    - I can see a DA easily arguing that an adjustable-pull shotgun/rifle stock on a youth model would qualify as a telescoping stock and thus be illegal.

I did notice that they specifically allowed prohibited items to be manufactured for sale in other states (I guess gun control is necessary to protect the children, as long as they're from Connecticut - to hell with the rest of them). Insane. One more place I won't visit unless absolutely necessary, and when I do, I'll make sure to fill up my gas tank and cooler before I cross the border so that I can make it through MA and CT on my way to PA. And no new Colts until they man-up and move. They'd be welcome to come up here and join Ruger and Sig.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/s/pdf...160-R00-SB.pdf
    Last edited by NH_Esau; April 3rd, 2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: add link

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    I did notice that they specifically allowed prohibited items to be manufactured for sale in other states (I guess gun control is necessary to protect the children, as long as they're from Connecticut - to hell with the rest of them). Insane. One more place I won't visit unless absolutely necessary, and when I do, I'll make sure to fill up my gas tank and cooler before I cross the border so that I can make it through MA and CT on my way to PA. And no new Colts until they man-up and move. They'd be welcome to come up here and join Ruger and Sig.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/s/pdf...160-R00-SB.pdf
    Well you don't expect them to object to all those tax dollars do ya? They may have an anti-gun agenda, but their top priority is to stay in office. That trumps gun control and children's safety... I'll be writing a nice letter to Colt and letting them know how I would feel if they continue to provide tax dollars to a state that doesn't respect the Second Amendment.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    One by one, these states die to me.

One can feel good by considering them self a liberal, and by voting liberal. But in doing so, they vote away their freedoms. Liberalism no longer means what it used to.

C'mon down to South Carolina, OP. Land is still cheap and we still (at the moment) have our politicians on a leash.
    blitzburgh likes this.

And to think, when I lived there most of the major gun manufactures were within bicycling distance.....Mossberg, Marlin, High Standard, Winchester, Remington, Colt.....once the NY uppie crowd moves in, it's over.....same way here in NJ......they move to the country and try their darndest to make it like the city.
    Get rid of the deer, the guns and now the Turkey Vultures in my town.....they're resting on their roofs. They actually got together and got up enough money to pay the Div. Of Fish, Game & Wildlife to hang up a dead TV carcass in the trees so the birds will leave.

The whole thing sickens me.............the Northeast States should be considered BROWN.....not red or blue....IMO.
    Jetfuelrm likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I am one of those people who votes with his feet as I moved out of the State of NJ due to ever tightening gun laws and no chance of concealed carry at a time when I am getting too old to run or fight anymore. The beauty of our form of government is that we have State laws and Federal Laws. The purpose of this was to allow those who did not like the laws of the place they lived in to move to another place more to their liking. I personally have done this 9 times in 40 years.

I will never be like the people who live at the foot of active Volcanos and refuse to move and then expect everyone to feel sorry for them when the volcano erupts. If you are skilled you can find a job or better one in many cities and family is just a car or plane ride away. I just never understood people who can do something about their situation but find excuses not to because they are afraid of change. I can only think that what they do not like is not bad enough to overcome the obstacles to moving someplace else. I believe that we only have one life to live and I want to live it as close to my way as possible and if that means relocating a 10th time, that is what I will do. :) I hope that the citizens of CT vote with their feet but like most people, will not. :)
    zonker1986 and Cheesewiz like this.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

Smart decision.............

I used to live in the lowcountry...in Ladson...I have to stay here untill I retire from the fire department. But South Carolina does sound good!
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    One by one, these states die to me.

One can feel good by considering them self a liberal, and by voting liberal. But in doing so, they vote away their freedoms. Liberalism no longer means what it used to.

C'mon down to South Carolina, OP. Land is still cheap and we still (at the moment) have our politicians on a leash.

where are all the CT gun owners?

why aren't they protesting?

We are protesting, however we are outnumbered by the liberals.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randalls View Post
    where are all the CT gun owners?

why aren't they protesting?
    They're too busy packing!
    zonker1986 and Jeanlouise like this.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links