Some good news and bad news re 9mm ammo.

This is a discussion on Some good news and bad news re 9mm ammo. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, locally there's some good news and bad news about 9mm ammo. The good news is that there's a local hardware store that has a ...

Thread: Some good news and bad news re 9mm ammo.

Some good news and bad news re 9mm ammo.

Well, locally there's some good news and bad news about 9mm ammo. The good news is that there's a local hardware store that has a really unbelievable amount of ammo on hand, 9mm, 40 S&W, etc. Bad news is it's running $20/50. Still, the local Scheel's store is getting $25/50 for PMC. Obviously forty cents per round is a lousy price for ball 9mm, but even so I picked up a few boxes to bolster my stash. I like to be able to at least shoot 100-200 rounds of centerfire ammo per range trip and maybe a couple hundred rounds of .22 LR ammo. With the nuttiness going around I've cut back my shooting from once per week to once every other or even every third week. The local Scheel's always has a ton of WWB .45 ACP, but obviously it's kind of expensive to shoot factory .45 ammo all the time. Still it lets me bust some caps regularly.

Next week I think I'll try get my reloading bench set up again.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Yup. I'll stick to $7-$8 a box of 50 round. Plus the satisfaction of creating your own ammunition.

Reloading is a great idea, except, bullets from many places are out 12 to 16 weeks... primers and powder are also hard to come by
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Gerry
    Ft Collins

VIP Member
    Will be easier to get 9MM and 22LR than to get components for reloading.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

$20 for 50 is bad?
    Before all this happened that was average price around here. Now you can't get any. The only ammo I've seen around is American Eagle .40 S&W for $35 a box and 10mm for the same.

Links