NY Dad's Pistol License Suspended Over Something His 10-Year-Old Son Said

This is a discussion on NY Dad's Pistol License Suspended Over Something His 10-Year-Old Son Said within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It is unbelievable how out of control this is getting. This country is now stripping one person's rights away because another person allegedly said the ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: NY Dad's Pistol License Suspended Over Something His 10-Year-Old Son Said

NY Dad's Pistol License Suspended Over Something His 10-Year-Old Son Said

It is unbelievable how out of control this is getting.

This country is now stripping one person's rights away because another person allegedly said the word "gun".

The father did prevent the authorities from confiscating his firearms but it still resulted in him being disarmed.

N.Y. DADS PISTOL LICENSE SUSPENDED OVER SOMETHING HIS 10-YEAR-OLD SON SAID AND IT COULD BE 8 YEARS BEFORE HE GETS IT BACK
    Apr. 4, 2013 3:20pm Jason Howerton

A New York father has had his firearms all but confiscated after the Suffolk County Pistol License Bureau suspended his pistol license indefinitely over a perceived threat made by his 10-year-old son and two of his classmates at school.

N.Y. Dad?s Pistol License Suspended Over Something His 10-Year-Old Son Said ? and It Could Be 8 Years Before He Gets It Back | TheBlaze.com
    Kennydale likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

I can not find words to describe what I'm feeling...
    Eagleks likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    NY has made its own bed. I expect nothing else from that state.

The best it can be now is an example to the rest of the states why they need to be careful.
    Attached Images

"Later that day, Mayer got a call from school officials informing him that his 10-year-old son and two other students were talking about going to a boy’s house with a water gun, “paint gun” and a BB gun. There had reportedly been a school yard pushing incident the day before involving the boys, excluding Mayer’s son, and they were seemingly talking about getting even in some way."

I'm probably going to get roasted here but if indeed a teacher heard the three students having this conversation, they were well within their responsibility to bring it to attention. There is a recent thread here about a BB gun related death. If I were the father of the student being threatened and the students had followed through with the threat, I'd be beyond pissed that someone could have stopped it. Now, everything that happened with the father of the boy in question and the Peoples Republik of New York-ifornia is beyond reprehensible.
    Hopyard and NONAME762 like this.
    Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may. - Samuel Houston

If you've ever driven across Texas, you know how different one area of the state can be from another. Take El Paso. It looks as much like Dallas as I look like Jack Nicklaus.
    Lee Trevino

VIP Member
    This is taking overreaction to extreme levels.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSooner View Post
    "Later that day, Mayer got a call from school officials informing him that his 10-year-old son and two other students were talking about going to a boy’s house with a water gun, “paint gun” and a BB gun. There had reportedly been a school yard pushing incident the day before involving the boys, excluding Mayer’s son, and they were seemingly talking about getting even in some way."

I'm probably going to get roasted here but if indeed a teacher heard the three students having this conversation, they were well within their responsibility to bring it to attention. There is a recent thread here about a BB gun related death. If I were the father of the student being threatened and the students had followed through with the threat, I'd be beyond pissed that someone could have stopped it. Now, everything that happened with the father of the boy in question and the Peoples Republik of New York-ifornia is beyond reprehensible.
    The reaction of the teacher was so far into outer space its not funny. A bb gun, a paintball gun, the letter "L", and a pot tart. This is not reprehensible, it is down right stupid....
    mprp, phreddy, BugDude and 1 others like this.

Harryball, I agree that the reaction from the state is beyond idiotic. We'll agree to disagree on the reaction of the teacher and the level of this specific threat that was overheard. Suspending a student for threatening to retaliate against another student with a BB gun is, IMHO, in a completely different ballpark than the pop tart, cup cakes with soldiers on them, etc.
    Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may. - Samuel Houston

If you've ever driven across Texas, you know how different one area of the state can be from another. Take El Paso. It looks as much like Dallas as I look like Jack Nicklaus.
    Lee Trevino

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    The reaction of the teacher was so far into outer space its not funny. A bb gun, a paintball gun, the letter "L", and a pot tart. This is not reprehensible, it is down right stupid....
    Yes, we have had the educational system showcase some of its shining stars lately. But local LE still acted on it. The cops could have told the teacher to grow up and get a life, but no, they acted on it as though it were a threat. The stupid runs deep and wide here.

I left new york when I turned 18, and I will NEVER go back. I would live on the streets and eat from dumpsters before i returned to that dictatorship of a state.
    God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I don't think this is a case of PC thinking running amok. I don't think this has to do with maintaining a safe and non-hostile classroom environment. I think this is a case of bureaucrats and public officials trying to tell people, "You have no right to own a gun and until you hand them over and bow to the king we're going to make your life miserable." Very sad.
    Ghost1958 and Eagleks like this.

Harryball, I agree that the reaction from the state is beyond idiotic. We'll agree to disagree on the reaction of the teacher and the level of this specific threat that was overheard. Suspending a student for threatening to retaliate against another student with a BB gun is, IMHO, in a completely different ballpark than the pop tart, cup cakes with soldiers on them, etc.
    There was a student suspended for a pop tart in the shape of a gun. The teacher should have taken the kids to the principals office and called the parents and taken care of it that way. Calling the PoPo and making a spectacle out of the situation was stupid. Parents are no longer able to be parents especially when we have teachers and staff like this. I will agree to disagree with you on this, but I still believe it is utter crap...

Agreeing to disagree and having civil, intelligent discussions, even with differing viewpoints, is what makes this site so terrific HB.
    WHEC724 likes this.

Lee Trevino

You're right, and you make a very, very good point. You must be an educator yourself. Its not the teacher's fault that the law-makers, politicians, police officers, and educational administrators are stupid. That is NOT the teacher's fault, but it is the teacher's responsibility to be on the look-out for student's safety. I think the teacher did a good job in this incident. Its her boss that's an idiot.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Agreeing to disagree and having civil, intelligent discussions, even with differing viewpoints, is what makes this site so terrific HB.
    This is something we can agree on...

The Zero Tolerance Gun policy may seem absurd to most of us, but it is on purpose. The planned result will be an entire generation completely shell-shocked of ANYTHING to do with firearms. A voting generation.
    Ghost1958 and airslot like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links