Clerk shot and killed in apparent robbery

This is a discussion on Clerk shot and killed in apparent robbery within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; They were looking for the BG in the woods next to where I work with guns drawn. I passed by the Texaco this morning. Here's ...

Thread: Clerk shot and killed in apparent robbery

Clerk shot and killed in apparent robbery

They were looking for the BG in the woods next to where I work with guns drawn. I passed by the Texaco this morning. Here's the story:

http://wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=5650735&nav=menu45_1

A customer who walked into a convenience store in Chesapeake Wednesday morning found the store clerk dead on the floor from a gunshot wound.

Chesapeake 9-1-1 got the call on this at around 9 a.m. from the Texaco convenience store in the 1100 block of S. Military Highway.

The clerk who was killed has been identified as 49 year-old Ozkan Karasu, who lived in Chesapeake.

Police say that this was a robbery gone bad, but also said that they had no witnesses. They were pulling the surveilance footage to see if the crime was caught on video.

They did determine that there was a suspect spotted fleeing the scene, running past a mobile home park towards the Greenbrier area.

Police have three people in custody and expressed confidence that they had the right people. Their identities have not yet been released.

The distraught owner of the convenience store declined to comment.

2. Remove Ads

It Is Depressing Thought...

obviously because of the death of the clerk...but even more so, that as these BG's (sounds like they may have them) are taken off of the street...so many more seem to wait in line for MORE crime.
    When are we going to start putting these animals away for looooooong terms?

OMO

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

what bothers me is that everyone who works or plans to work at one of these "stop and robs" knows better than to not have protection. Yet time and time again....
    If I had to work at one. You can bet your sweet boots that there are 2 to 3 guns on my body at different areas of accessability and a big ol' .357 wheel gun behind the counter ready to answer the call.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

They should know better....

Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    what bothers me is that everyone who works or plans to work at one of these "stop and robs" knows better than to not have protection. Yet time and time again....
    If I had to work at one. You can bet your sweet boots that there are 2 to 3 guns on my body at different areas of accessability and a big ol' .357 wheel gun behind the counter ready to answer the call.
    But the thought of being armed would never cross their minds I am afraid. It is hard for me to understand this thinking but that is the way it is for most of them.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

also alot of owners won't allow their employees to carry weapons...but hey this story is the end result. I would rather be fired than dead.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    obviously because of the death of the clerk...but even more so, that as these BG's (sounds like they may have them) are taken off of the street...so many more seem to wait in line for MORE crime.
    When are we going to start putting these animals away for looooooong terms?

OMO

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret
    No they need to be put down like the rabit POS animals they are.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post

If you worked in one of those businesses, chances are you may not be able to afford any guns. (unless you are the owner.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    From what I saw on the news, poor guy didn't have a chance...armed or unarmed. Typical wannabe gangster shoot....then steal. The death penalty is too good for losers like this. Side note, unfortuantely for the victim, and this is speculation based on his name and accents of his friends...he couldn't get a CCW as he seemed to be a non-resident alien. Nice gut trying to make a living but not US citizen. He was, by law, a pre-determined victim.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Most stop and robs have the "no guns" policy. I went to an orientation years back when I was looking for a part time job. It was expressed on the training tape that yes, our stores are targetted by criminals and all you have to do is give them what they want, they prob. won't hurt you (I like that prob. part *barf*).

It was also said that any employee caught carrying a gun or RESISTING against a criminal, under any circumstances, the employee would be fired.

Needless to say, my comment of, "I'd rather be fired then maimed, raped or killed" showed me the door and a "on second thought, we don't think that we will be needing your services" on the way out.

One of the newer clerks was beaten almost to death a week later, and then all the clerks left after that, due to the owner fired the half beaten clerk because he didn't "do what he was told" fast enough.

Owner didn't give a hoot about the employees, all he cared about was that the insurance would pay for any losses.

Me, jobs come and go, but you only have one life.

Wayne

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm5874 View Post
    From what I saw on the news, poor guy didn't have a chance...armed or unarmed. Typical wannabe gangster shoot....then steal. The death penalty is too good for losers like this. Side note, unfortuantely for the victim, and this is speculation based on his name and accents of his friends...he couldn't get a CCW as he seemed to be a non-resident alien. Nice gut trying to make a living but not US citizen. He was, by law, a pre-determined victim.
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but if in the buisness, and with the owners permission, you do not need a CCW to carry, But it only applies to the buisness property. Getting to and from is a different story.

Like you said too, it sounds like he didn't stand a chance, not much can be done if they just walk in and shoot.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Update: Witnesses reported that they warned the clerk about BG loitering outside, after the shooting followed BG and alerted police.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links