Police and Chris Kyle foundation host CHL class for educators

This is a discussion on Police and Chris Kyle foundation host CHL class for educators within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Story below with positive responses from teachers Police, Kyle Foundation Host Handgun Class for Educators | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnHancock

Thread: Police and Chris Kyle foundation host CHL class for educators

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

One step closer so teachers like myself can protect our students. I hope to see more and more of this.

Perfect sentiment:

,’” Curtis said. “And shouldn't I, if I’m willing to give up my life for my children at school, be able to defend it first?"

YES! Another step closer! In the wake of Sandy Hook I inundated my local, state and fed reps and made recommendations similar to what a number of states have already proposed. My home state of Georgia has passed legislation in the house to allow trained administrators to carry. Still waiting on the state senate and the governor (who's already agreed to sign). In Georgia educators are already allowed to keep our CWs in our cars on campus. It's a start, as my wide-open high school campus (no fences, no metal detectors and numerous buildings WITHOUT A SINGLE LOCKED DOOR!) only has one SRO. Even worse, he's stretched over two additional campuses on any given day! I'm willing and ready, when the day comes, to receive additional SWAT training to be able to CC in my classroom, much like the air marshals already protecting our commercial airlines! If BGs KNOW there are unidentified teachers carrying deep concealed, they will think twice before attempting to carry out their evil deeds in our schools! We must be allowed to protect our students!!!
    niks likes this.

Hopefully we'll have that in Va. soon.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

The coverage on the local TV news and in the papers here in DFW was universally positive. That's a positive step as well.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Agreed Camjr. It was covered on the news here in Houston too with rave reviews. Nice to see Texas at the forefront of what will hopefully become a much more prominent trend.
    Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may. - Samuel Houston

If you've ever driven across Texas, you know how different one area of the state can be from another. Take El Paso. It looks as much like Dallas as I look like Jack Nicklaus.
    Lee Trevino

Links