Shooting today/tuning hand loads

This is a discussion on Shooting today/tuning hand loads within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Got out today and tried some hand loads for my M&P pistol (.40 caliber). Earlier attempts shooting did not gain results I found acceptable. I ...

Thread: Shooting today/tuning hand loads

Lead Moderator

Got out today and tried some hand loads for my M&P pistol (.40 caliber). Earlier attempts shooting did not gain results I found acceptable. I loaded 3 batches of 10 rounds each with different powder weights and changed the bullet seat depth with all loads.
    I fired each load on a different target (as labeled ) slow fire with a two hand hold at 7 yards. The results brought the groups in much better than previous although I may need more practice with the M&P trigger. I also fired the M&P .22 pistol today to round out the shooting. Other than slightly high impact it shot well.
    Pics of the range and the targets . I had a second target I shot most of the rounds with the .22 but didn't snap a pic. Some day all the snow will be gone.
    Attached Images
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links