It's a sad day at the range

This is a discussion on It's a sad day at the range within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know others are experiencing this across the nation, and now it's finally hit home with me. Bout to head out of town and wanted ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: It's a sad day at the range

I know others are experiencing this across the nation, and now it's finally hit home with me. Bout to head out of town and wanted to bond with my G23 for a little before I left. Well for the first time I stepped into Shoot Straight in Casselberry and they informed me they have no .40 caliber target ammo :(. I sadly put my glock back in my range back and left feeling like a kid who visited a sold out candy store.

I'm darn ready for this ammo BS to end!! Couldn't even pick up my preferred SD ammo (hornady critical duty 175gr) at the LGS. Sad day at the range for sure.

Headed down to south florida now, maybe I will strike gold and get a chance to shoot during our weekend down south.

Best of luck to everyone else!
    Wreckr likes this.

Seems like that was the one caliber we hear about being available. Sorry buddy.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I had to get in line before 5 AM the other day at walmart just to get 2 boxes of 9mm. They have a 3 box limit, but these were the last two. Even at that hour I was still almost too late.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

I feel your pain. I was going to take a training class this spring, the minimum required 300 rds which I wouldn't have giving a second thought last year appears to be show stopper

As my minister said, at church, "suck it up."

Oops! I meant to say; as our minister said at church, "this too shall pass." Yeah, I think that one sounds much better!
    mano3, Aquaman and sixgun like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    I think people with out guns are starting to purchase ammo as barter items. hey it is better than the stock market
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Not finding 40 cal. or 9mm in my neck of the woods. Only 1 of the walmarts in my area gets any handgun ammo in and as GraySkies mentioned, you need to be up at dark o'clock in the morning standing in line to see what came off the truck and a lot of the time you find that the ammo that you need isn't what came in the shipment !!!! (like 40 and 9mm )

Stinks!

When I get ready to go to the range, I now find myself rationing my ammo and only bringing what I'll shoot - no extras...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

i have not been shooting in quite some time. I am down to about 250 rnds of .40 cal...... saving that for the zombie apocalypse
    Wreckr likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    I feel your pain. I was going to take a training class this spring, the minimum required 300 rds which I wouldn't have giving a second thought last year appears to be show stopper
    Well quantity is still able to be found. I know of a few sites that have large quantities available. But you will be paying more than u would've pre-hysteria. I've been seeing 55 to 65 cents a round online.

Let me know if you want some sites to check out bulk ammo

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    First, drop the Critical Duty. Best of luck on your trip finding something in FL. If you find something, stock up on ball and keep an eye out for 180gr. Federal HST, Speer Gold Dot, Winchester PDX1, or (at the very least) Remington Golden Saber.
    Wreckr likes this.

I guess I'm fortunate. 45 abounds here.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That's why I don't depend on range ammo.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

There's a local range here that has ammo specifically to shoot at their range. It's good quality ammo from Georgia arms I believe. When I go in. I usually buy about 5 boxes, shoot maybe 2 and hold on to the rest. And it's pretty cheap too
    Wreckr likes this.

Distinguished Member
    No ammo here at all. No fun. Life as we knew it will never return. We are all doomed. Truly a sad day. The only nation on the planet without bullets. What can be done to thwart this evil spell? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "NoBang, the barren planet".
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links