No one left to protest

No one left to protest

This is a discussion on No one left to protest within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; They came for the guns of convicted felons. I didn't protest, because I wasn't a convicted felon. Then they came for the guns of those ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By ScubaSteve08
  • 2 Post By Mike1956

Thread: No one left to protest

No one left to protest

They came for the guns of convicted felons. I didn't protest, because I wasn't a convicted felon.
    Then they came for the guns of those who have told their doctors they are depressed. I didn't protest, because I wasn't depressed.
    Then they came for the guns of those who were considered a psychological risk. I didn't protest because I wasn't mentally ill.
    Then they came for the guns of those whose wives had sworn out restraining orders. I didn't protest because I wasn't married.
    Then they came for the guns of military veterans, calling them "terrorists.". I didn't protest, because I wasn't a military veteran.
    Then they came for MY guns, and there was no one left to protest for me.

Credit to some random commentor on the internet
    tony1990, dV8r and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Martin Niemoller commented long before the internet, and was hardly random.
    BugDude and nontechguy like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

No one left to care...

=ScubaSteve08;2700447]They came for the guns of convicted felons. I didn't protest, because I wasn't a convicted felon.
    Then they came for the guns of those who have told their doctors they are depressed. I didn't protest, because I wasn't depressed.
    Then they came for the guns of those who were considered a psychological risk. I didn't protest because I wasn't mentally ill.
    Then they came for the guns of those whose wives had sworn out restraining orders. I didn't protest because I wasn't married.
    Then they came for the guns of military veterans, calling them "terrorists.". I didn't protest, because I wasn't a military veteran.
    Then they came for MY guns, and there was no one left to protest for me.

Author unverified.
    If we don't make some changes to our leaders soon there will be millions saying this.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Martin Niemoller commented long before the internet, and was hardly random.
    I've posted his original quote on several forums. The OPs is a good analogy.
    we had better wake up.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Sponsored Links