45000 rounds of PPU 9mm

This is a discussion on 45000 rounds of PPU 9mm within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; last night one of the three Walmarts in my town got a truck with 15000 rounds of 9mm. Tomorrow night they are getting another 45000 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 45000 rounds of PPU 9mm

45000 rounds of PPU 9mm

last night one of the three Walmarts in my town got a truck with 15000 rounds of 9mm. Tomorrow night they are getting another 45000 rounds, in 50 round boxes of PPU 9mm. Thats 900 boxes on one truck. $14.47 each. Are things looking up or is something else going on here?

2. Remove Ads

I wouldn't start talking about a no-hitter in the 6th inning. Drop by your store and see how long that ammo stays on the shelf. If it lasts 24 hours, then I'd say things might be looking up.
    oneshot, grouse, archer51 and 1 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    They get it in all the time around here and it flys off the shelves.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

The 15000 from last night was gone early this morning. It just seems odd is all. Thats a lot for one truck. I think PPU is made somewhere in Missouri. Wonder if this has something to do with it.

You seem to have the coming and going monitored quite well...how much did you get?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I am lucky enough to be able to see whats on all the local Walmart trucks while they are in route to each store. All three store in my town get a wide range of ammo, but only a dozen boxes or so of each kind, 9mm, .40 .45, 38 spec, .380, .22, and a few others. 900 boxes of one brand just seemed very strange. Only three boxes per customer per day, but at least I can hit the range once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by CCinaG26 View Post
    last night one of the three Walmarts in my town got a truck with 15000 rounds of 9mm. Tomorrow night they are getting another 45000 rounds, in 50 round boxes of PPU 9mm. Thats 900 boxes on one truck. $14.47 each. Are things looking up or is something else going on here?
    what walmarts are these. I live in St. Louis. How early are these people getting there

The Columbia Wal-marts. All unloaders work 4-1am. Ammo could be out on the shelf early as 6pm or as late 10pm, never lasts till the next morning. At least not until the 300 boxes last night.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The 15000 from last night was gone early this morning. It just seems odd is all. Thats a lot for one truck. I think PPU is made somewhere in Missouri. Wonder if this has something to do with it.
    Are you referring to quantity, size or weight of the load on the truck? If you are referring to weight 15000 rounds of 115gr 9 mm weighs about 405 pounds not including packaging. My local Wal Mart only places a small fraction of their ammo on the shelves, about 20 or 30 boxes of each depending on caliber. The remainder of the ammo is locked away in their storeroom. Shelf stock is only replaced after 10 or 11:00 PM and another means to limit the sales and maintain some stock for all customers. The manager of my local Wal Mart is a member of my local men's club
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by skeetsak View Post
    what walmarts are these. I live in St. Louis. How early are these people getting there
    Early enough to buy it all and post it in gunbroker.com by mid morning! Between the hoarders and the WalMart employees buying it up, we don't have a chance.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    So what's the deal with WM.com now. I noticed you can once again search for certain ammo and some you still cannot?

I thought they had done away with that functionality completely.

PPU is made in Serbia. Says so right on the box. Okay ammo, a bit "dirty", but other than that it's run okay for me.

FWIW, the PPU stuff has run fine for me, too.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

saa
    Since I found out our Walmart carries ammo, I've worked on building a bit of a relationship with the manager of the sporting goods department, and her workers. I now know the truck arrivals, or when expected, and their receiving times and schedule, so I happen to be stopping by when the orders are being unpacked and put on the shelves now.

Happy accident!! LOL.
    saa.
    "Every man is my superior in some way, in that I learn of him." - Emerson

"The value of good work lasts far longer than the sting of working for too little money." - Patrick Truillio

Quote Originally Posted by OldCavTrooper View Post
    PPU is made in Serbia. Says so right on the box. Okay ammo, a bit "dirty", but other than that it's run okay for me.
    Yes it is. As long as it functions in my guns and its reasonably priced Ill use it. I clean my guns when Im done shooting anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links