.223 ammo at Wally World >>>>>>>

This is a discussion on .223 ammo at Wally World >>>>>>> within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Over the past week I have noticed that several Wally Worlds have had a bunch of Tulammo in stock for $5.27 for a box of ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zamboni

Thread: .223 ammo at Wally World >>>>>>>

.223 ammo at Wally World >>>>>>>

Over the past week I have noticed that several Wally Worlds have had a bunch of Tulammo in stock for $5.27 for a box of 20 which is an excellent price considering a lot of other places are selling the same thing for double the price. I have been blessed to get my 3 in the morning and sometimes 3 in the evening at several stores over the last week and so far have been accumulated approx. 400 rounds of Tulammo .223 55gr FMJ. Not the greatest ammo, but it is better than nothing. You have to like Walmart for not taking advantage of the situation and price gouging their customers like some of the other retailers like "Cheaper than Frak". God Bless

2. Remove Ads

Walmart is the only place locally that hasn't jacked up prices. Their shelves are usually empty but I've managed to get a box or two. Other places have their shelves full of $60 a box of 20 bulk quality stuff. I think that speaks volumes.

I for one an`t paying excessive prices for ammo, firearms, or their related accessories.

WW & a couple other places have held their line and continue to practice reasonable pricing.

I was at ah gun show this past weekend and P-mags that were $90. over that past are now $25. to $35. Ruger BX-25 mags that were $90. are now $40. Still ah bit high but starting to coming within reason.

AR15`s are also starting too coming down to approachable prices as well. Saw Colts & BM & such back around the $875. to $1.3k ranges again.

Though some ammo has comedown, some is still ridiculously priced. Like 223/5.56 $1. ah round. 22LR $.25 ah round. 9mm $.68 ah round. Saw 50-r of 45acp Federal Hydra Shok Tactical for $40.

If I run across it in my normal day travels to places like WW where it is reasonably priced and I can use that caliber; I'll pick it up. But I'm not in the mood that I feel I need to hoard anything, and run too-&-fro like Chicken Little scooping up all I can find.
    yz9890 likes this.

I picked up my 3 boxes a while back when looking unsuccessfully for .22LR. I've never shot it before (I've used 9mm a bit with no problems)... It shot fine, but I wasn't stretching anything so I can't attest to accuracy - longest shots were 25yds. Steel cases so I'm recycling rather than reloading. I didn't notice if it was dirtier or cleaner than my Federal 5.56, but when you can only buy 2 mags worth at a time, it doesn't make much of a difference.

Since then, I picked up another 420-round ammo box of Federal 62g in stripper clips. Significantly more expensive (somewhat on the ridiculous, actually - 47c/round... maybe 45c if I give myself a $10 credit for the ammo box), but knowing I could practice a couple months without doing the unsuccessful walk of shame down the aisle was worth it to me.

And +1 on zamboni's comment. I'm seeing ARs and AKs showing up on previously empty shelves at Riley's and other shops. Riley's is keeping their standard markup, which is very low. No Pmags, but they're regularly getting in boxes of Troy Battlemags (which I think are as good/better than PMag Gen2s - I haven't used Gen3s) and selling at the old MSRP of $14.95 with no limit. They've been getting in cases of Colt aluminum mags also - I think those were $16.

I'm waiting for .22 to get back in stock, though. I'm down to ~300 rds and not planning to pay $15/box for some fancy match grade stuff to plink cans, raccoons, skunks, and tree rats. I will be grumpy (as will my subscale shooting buddies) if that doesn't get fixed soon.

The Federal 420-round 5.56x45mm 62g FMJ Ball-Clipped ammo cans before the frenzy were about $200. The ammo cans are selling at the LGS and places like Bass Pro for $20. I have seen um around for that same price over the past 5-months, and as recent as last week. But they don't stay on the shelve very long.

If you can get ah can for $200. - $20. = $180. / 420 = $.43 ah-round.

I'm quite sure anyone reading this reply would be tickled red to pay $.43 ah-round for XM855F1 on Stripper-Clips vs $1. ah-round . . . . EH?

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    The Federal 420-round 5.56x45mm 62g FMJ Ball-Clipped ammo cans before the frenzy were about $200. The ammo cans are selling at the LGS and places like Bass Pro for $20. I have seen um around for that same price over the past 5-months, and as recent as last week. But they don't stay on the shelve very long.

If you can get ah can for $200. - $20. = $180. / 420 = $.43 ah-round.

I'm quite sure anyone reading this reply would be tickled red to pay $.43 ah-round for XM855F1 on Stripper-Clips vs $1. ah-round . . . . EH?
    Well I guess I can put my offended look back in the case, then. I've always bought my bulk in 1,000rd bulkie loose packs at ~.35-37/rd. But those of course are 55g and no strippers.

But they had the 420s at $199.99 at Shooter's Outpost in Hooksett last week - a whole pallet of them, and they were moving but not flying off the shelves. Maybe word hadn't gotten out yet.

420 round cans were going for $180 locally before the scare. I'd happily pay $200 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    420 round cans were going for $180 locally before the scare. I'd happily pay $200 right now.
    they are out there but they don't last long. though you`ll see it more often @ an average of $1.00/plus a-round.

VIP Member
    I've got plenty of cheap ammo but not enough good stuff. I'd like to get some TSX or some 77 grain OTM stuff. NONE of that is around anymore.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Right now I am just purchasing what I can !!! God Bless

mkh
    I'm sitting tight neither shooting nor buying.

I had enough of my major calibers in stock before this happensed that I can just ride it out.

Links