Stupid media statement

Stupid media statement

This is a discussion on Stupid media statement within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gannett Newspapers ran an article about guns being shipped, how many and other things. Then the writer mentioned how many guns are stolen during shipment. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By OldCavTrooper

Thread: Stupid media statement

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar

Stupid media statement

Gannett Newspapers ran an article about guns being shipped, how many and other things. Then the writer mentioned how many guns are stolen during shipment. It is her opinion that the guns will fall into the hands of criminals once stolen from a shipment.

Well.. it is my opinion that the person that took the gun from the shipment is a criminal so the guns are already in the hands of a criminal.

Now for the kicker, these type thefts are never rerally pursued. Even though federal authorities know where shipments went missing, they just forget about it.

I know this from experience. In 2002, my LGS dealer ordered me a S&W 29 with a four inch barrel. It went missing at the Houston Airport. It is still missing and no arrest was ever made as far as my dealer can tell. Insurance paid the loss.

If the government is so concerned about crime with guns, why not arrest those stealing them from transit?
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    That doesn't top the local anchorwoman who reported that that an elderly couple had been found passed out dead.
    Ksgunner and shadowwalker like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    Gannett Newspapers ran an article about guns being shipped, how many and other things. Then the writer mentioned how many guns are stolen during shipment. It is her opinion that the guns will fall into the hands of criminals once stolen from a shipment.

Well.. it is my opinion that the person that took the gun from the shipment is a criminal so the guns are already in the hands of a criminal.

Now for the kicker, these type thefts are never rerally pursued. Even though federal authorities know where shipments went missing, they just forget about it.

I know this from experience. In 2002, my LGS dealer ordered me a S&W 29 with a four inch barrel. It went missing at the Houston Airport. It is still missing and no arrest was ever made as far as my dealer can tell. Insurance paid the loss.

If the government is so concerned about crime with guns, why not arrest those stealing them from transit?
    Their only concern is denying us our 2A rights after all out of thousands of NICs denials only a few have ever been prosecuted.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post

Good bet: if the thieves could be identified and apprehended, they would be. Where's the proof such crimes are never pursued and just forgotten, as opposed to meeting dead-end leads and having little else to go on? (It's a bit like trying to find who stole a hubcap. Pretty difficult, once it's gone.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Did the newspaper article also happen to include? "Oh by the way, don't forget that our present administration delivered all kinds of weapons directly into the hands of gangs and cartels across our southern border. Then, when some of those weapons were directly linked to the death of one our heros standing between us and the vermin, our present administration has been doing all it can to cover it up? If it didn't, I suppose that newspaper doesn't consider that to be an important enough example of "guns on the loose".
    vilecanards likes this.

Sponsored Links