your home defense set up

your home defense set up

This is a discussion on your home defense set up within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There are so many things you can have for your home defense set up and everybody is different. I thought it would be interesting to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: your home defense set up

your home defense set up

There are so many things you can have for your home defense set up and everybody is different. I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys keep under the bed or on the night stand. Me personally i have a glock 23 on my night stand. And I have a colt AR 15 under the bed with a round in the chamber and safety ON. Its just a bare bone AR/M4 looking rifle with regular heat guards and carry handle iron sights and i have 2 magpul 30 round mags taped together for a total of 60 rounds of Hornady TAP. I know some people say you gotta have a tactical light which yes it helps but is not necessary in my home because i keep certain lights on both so i can see, and as a deterrent so that people are less likely to break in. As they say, that door you just kicked in was locked for your protection, not mine. I know a lot of you guys use a shotgun. The only reason im going for my AR over my 870 tactical is because the barrel is shorter on the AR. However I am in the process of making a home defense shotgun. A Remington 870 Express Tactical with a surefire light, 7 shells ready to go in the shot gun safety ON. shells are all deer slugs and .00 buck. With 15 shells on the sling, 5 on the buttstock, and 8 on the side saddle ( maybe too much but hey, i dont care). so what do you guys have as your home defense set up im very interested to hear what you guys are packing hahah. Thanks a lot for taking time to read

P95 and a flashlight on the nightstand and 12 gage under the bed.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

G22 w/TLR-1s in bedside table.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    For the home. image.jpg
    rescuemedic90 and Taurahe like this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

One thing I used with great success is a driveway alarm by chamberlain garage doors. They give you a little black box to keep inside, I put it on my nightstand than you can buy as many sensors as you like. It has a 400 foot range. Each sensor shoots a beam about 80 feet any thing crosses it it beeps in your house. I had them covering my backyard an front works really good and its only 150.00 for black box two sensors extra sensors 39.00 each can screw tem into anything just keep them about 4 feet high so animals dont set off can put on a tree or fence even cyclone fence with tie downs

lol didn't I just type this out for a similar thread a few days ago? this should be a sticky.

Bed side holster has a p85 with 30 rd mag, under the bed is an 870 of course, theres a gun in another room but i'll keep that to myself. And depending where I take my pants off there is a gp100 somewhere near me in the bedroom.

(I don't have kids or animals )

Slobbering Labrador backed up with a GP100 loaded with .38+p hollowpoints upstairs and a G19 loaded with +p+ hollowpoints in the man cave.

Tactical 12ga, P95, Nano and (not pictured) a 250 lumen flashlight all at the ready under the bed.

AR15VSCoyote likes this.

Senior Moderator
    My HD set-up

full pic.jpg By the bedside

M1 Carbine 2.jpgHis and hers in the closet

And Ole Yella in my avatar will let me know when someone is about the house
    Taurahe and bmcgilvray like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

CZ 75 and flashlight on the nightstand, shotgun if time permits
    NRA Life Member
    R1200RT
    Remember, math is your friend not your enemy!

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Why would advertise what my home defense setup is, the only thing I will say is it is very good so its called suprise. Nuff said
    Taurahe and mano3 like this.

2" of barrel length between an AR carbine and a HD shotgun shouldn't make much difference unless you plan on cruising through your house like Bruce Willis taking on the bad guys. If that is your plan I would suggest rethinking it.

Personally I have a Mossberg 500 by the bed. Suits my plan of holing up in my bedroom with the shotgun pointed at the barricaded door while I call 911.

Mossy 500 12 ga Persuader w/ pistol grip loaded with #4, 00, & PDX (in that order) by the bed and my x3 D-cell Maglite on the nightstand. Sure I know the flashlite is not compact or tacticool, but it makes for a GREAT backup weapon! Millions of LEOs can't be wrong! We keep a couple of small lights on during the night as well, just in case!

Glock 23, Mossberg 500, AR-15, in that order of utilization. Take your pick, they are all ready for action. Chances are it would be the Glock unless they brought a van load of guys to invade my home.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

In the house, a Remington 870. I have 3 kids and can't take the chance of a bullet going through a wall.

My G23 is closest to me, but the 870 isn't too far away. I'd grab the pistol if I thought I didn't have enough time to get to the shotgun.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links