CTD Really Outdid Itself...Again

This is a discussion on CTD Really Outdid Itself...Again within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Check out this one: Ammo 9mm TulAmmo FMJ 115 Grain 50 Round Box 1150 fps Made in Russia Polymer Coated Steel Case TA919150 Hey, it's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: CTD Really Outdid Itself...Again

CTD Really Outdid Itself...Again

Check out this one:

Ammo 9mm TulAmmo FMJ 115 Grain 50 Round Box 1150 fps Made in Russia Polymer Coated Steel Case TA919150

Hey, it's only 6 times the fair price for that product after all...gee look, it's in stock! Go figure.

Too bad they are a forum sponsor, they have clearly shown by their actions that they don't care about anything more than making money. Clearly ethics and loyalty to customers obviously doesn't matter.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    Maybe so, I had heard they were bad but never bothered to look myself. I was pretty shocked that it was THAT bad. I sure hope that when things come around, the marketplace remembers who did things with integrity and who tried to feed their lust for the almighty dollar. I know I will...

I'm new at the gun world and still cannot figure out where they got their name. Walmart has that stuff for $13 a box.

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    CTD can keep it for that price.
    Poseidon likes this.
    SCGunLover1

That price is still waaaaay more than even the most expensive dirt I sell at work...

I never thought I'd have any respect for Walmart over any other company, but we live in strange times and I find myself in just that position.

I have mixed emotions on this - while I won't pay these prices for ammo, I understand what CTD and others are doing. Neal Boortz has some good insights into "price gouging," and how it actually is a good thing. The example he uses is hotels in a hurricane evacuation. If a hotel owner leaves his prices low, a 2-parent household with 2 kids might get a room for themselves and a room for the kids. If he instead responds to increased demand with an increase in prices, that same family might decide they can tough it out in just 1 room, thereby allowing another family a room for the night.

At these ammo prices, if you have a true need for ammo, you buy it. If you're just looking to stock up a bit, you may wait. Ultimately, these higher prices may be the best way to reign in the run on ammo and normalize the supply chain.

VIP Member
    Someone there at CTD is on some really BAD drugs. I scored 3 boxes of it at a Walmart store last weekend for 10.30 a box.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    That price is still waaaaay more than even the most expensive dirt I sell at work...

I never thought I'd have any respect for Walmart over any other company, but we live in strange times and I find myself in just that position.
    Yeah, sounds like they need a name change, lol. I'm not against them for selling it for that much.
    More power to them if they're getting what they ask for. I'll just choose to shop elsewhere.

I paid $116 and some change for 300 rounds of WWB at Wal-Mart.
    There's a 3 box limit. Every time I go to Wally world I buy my limit, if there's any in stock.
    I really should think about getting a .45. It seams to be in stock everywhere I go.

Wow.I think i'm gonna pass on those

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blake716 View Post
    Yeah, sounds like they need a name change, lol. ...
    Cheaper Than Diamonds is the best suggestion I've seen yet.
    Phaedrus likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Heres my take..... CTD is buying their ammo from somewhere...my guess is speculators. CTD is paying already over inflated prices, and has to make a profit still. Someone will buy it eventually....... if they choose to pay wack job prices and charge wack job prices.... that is their choice, just as we have the choice not buy it.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Heres my take..... CTD is buying their ammo from somewhere...my guess is speculators. CTD is paying already over inflated prices, and has to make a profit still. Someone will buy it eventually....... if they choose to pay wack job prices and charge wack job prices.... that is their choice, just as we have the choice not buy it.
    You know they are really just a drop ship operation? They have two unimpressive retail stores in North TX but most is just sent from various suppliers they buy from so they keep virtually no inventory. This is why they have the "Warehouse A.B.C...) shell game.

VIP Member

I recently sold my Dad's truck. I started at 16K on Craig's list, and had no takers. I then dropped it to 14K - no takers. Then I dropped it to 12K and it sold.

That's how a free market works.

The value of a commodity is the equivalent of what someone is willing to pay for it.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    If it was free, I would not want any. Tula shoots dirty. The casings are weak. A person spends more time cleaning their sidearm after shooting it than they spent out shooting.

Then again, if one does not care about their guns, they might feel good shooting cheap rounds. Of course, I do not want to breathe the smoke from Tula either.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links