Do you plan to buy a potentially banned gun when you can?

This is a discussion on Do you plan to buy a potentially banned gun when you can? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I have never really wanted an AR. Mainly because the neutered versions here lead me to think there were better options. That being said, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Do you plan to buy a potentially banned gun when you can?

Do you plan to buy a potentially banned gun when you can?

So I have never really wanted an AR. Mainly because the neutered versions here lead me to think there were better options.

That being said, as our right to keep and bear arms is constantly under attack do you plan on buying a gun merely because you might not be able to get it in the near future? If so what would you be considering?

*I know everyone is buying standard capacity mags as fast or faster than they can be made. I'm asking specifically about firearms.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

2. Remove Ads

If i didn't already have one,and i did want one,i would buy one.I'm not going to base my decision,on what may be banned.This day and time,there is no telling what politicians may try.The federal ban,back in 1994,only kept people from buying them,as you may be aware of.That's just me.One thing,i personally would do that, because my state hasn't tried to ban anything.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Already have every thing my current budget can support, don't really care if they ban my stuff, won't change a thing on my end. Have a personal plan to find a way around any silly nonsense they come up with. The more unconstitutional the law becomes, the less likely I will regard it, but I think there will always be legal loopholes around an outright ban..
    BigJon10125 and NONAME762 like this.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    So I have never really wanted an AR. Mainly because the neutered versions here lead me to think there were better options.

That being said, as our right to keep and bear arms is constantly under attack do you plan on buying a gun merely because you might not be able to get it in the near future? If so what would you be considering?

*I know everyone is buying standard capacity mags as fast or faster than they can be made. I'm asking specifically about firearms.
    I read you 5 by 5 BigJon. Chuckle-Guffaw-B52sLOUD-Rockin Out. I'll have to get back to you on this item. I'm thinking....Crew Served Weapon.

HUA
    I'll have to get back to y'all on that.

PS I chose the AK47 initially cuz it's a 30cal. The AK is My AR.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Oh no ...I would never do that .....
    BigJon10125 and mr.stuart like this.

I lost all my ARs in a tragic boating accident.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Wouldn't worry about them coming for the guns you already own. The administration couldn't keep track of the guns they gave to the Mexican drug cartels. Plus I really don't think that they are that daring to come after your legally owned guns because that is a suicide mission. Not trying to instigate anything just putting my 2 cents in. If they thought at all they could they would have already done it. The culture here in the US is very different from any other country where they took guns away. I kept hearing people bringing up the Australia thing. There civilians owned 650,000 guns. Here in the US they are guessing somewhere around 300 million. A lot harder to round those up. Plus we have this crazy old paperwork called the Constitution that says we have the God given right to guns. Wierd Huh? Almost seems like our forefathers thought someone someday might come along and try to take them from us.

This country was founded by great men who believed in God and used those very heinous firearms to protect OUR country from people like that. I will be damned if I will let those great men down and those who have served this countries citizens and protected that "OLD PIECE OF PAPER" risking life and limb by sitting by and letting a few elitest disarm this countries citizens of the very thing that our military has used to protect us and keep us a free nation.

This country is still the greatest on earth but we can be better. Lets push back to expand our God given rights and show them exactly what is meant by
    WE THE PEOPLE
    I would rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

As an investment over time, I don't think ya could spend your money better.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    All my firearms are single shot! I don't think they'll be banded!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I understand the sentiments, I am merely meaning guns you may not be able to legally purchse in the future and would thus buy them now to grandfather yourself in against any more "common sense gun control"
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Senior Moderator
    When ever some liberal weenie political hack tells me that I can't have something because it's dangerous, offends someone, because no one needs one or any other crap that politicians learn when they go to rookie politician school, it makes me want one immediately.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I own more than few of the ones that will make a ban list someday there will be no grandfather clause when it comes..
    The AR 15 is a fine firearm in it's many different configuration, it is also a very flexible weapon.
    I will purchase a couple more just to upset Obama I would mail him a picture but now would not be a good time to mail anything to the white house.

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    All my firearms are single shot! I don't think they'll be banded!
    I take it you load one round at a time.

Maybe...
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    there will be no grandfather clause when it comes..
    I don't know about that. I think the odds of there being a grandfather clause are higher than not.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links