opinions on new sights?

opinions on new sights?

This is a discussion on opinions on new sights? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been looking around and wanting to get new sights for my glock 23 its my carry and hd nightstand gun. i was thinking ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Madcap_Magician

Thread: opinions on new sights?

opinions on new sights?

I have been looking around and wanting to get new sights for my glock 23 its my carry and hd nightstand gun. i was thinking about triji green night sights and then the new xs big dot and xs standard dot caught my eye. has any one used the xs big or standard dot sights? are they any better, easyer or faster to use than other sights

The XS big dot is designed to be a combat sight. This means its meant for fast target acquisition, not extreme accuracy. I shot a glock 17 at a range that had one and I was impressed by it. They can have a bit of a learning curve since they are a bit different but I was able to quickly asses the threat present fire and prepare for a follow up shot.... quicker than I thought I would. I currently have a set on order for my ruger SR40C , and will probably be getting some for my glock.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

i would like to try them on a gun before i bought them. but i still think i would rather have night sights. im a good shot with regular 3 dot sights and glock factory sights

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    The XS big dot is designed to be a combat sight. This means its meant for fast target acquisition, not extreme accuracy. I shot a glock 17 at a range that had one and I was impressed by it. They can have a bit of a learning curve since they are a bit different but I was able to quickly asses the threat present fire and prepare for a follow up shot.... quicker than I thought I would. I currently have a set on order for my ruger SR40C , and will probably be getting some for my glock.
    You should try more for center mass.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I went with the big dot on my 23. Very easy on the eyes. For me it was a plus, it is much larger than a regular sized front sight. Not having the dots on the back is not a problem for me, but it is different.

Maybe I'm a dinosaur but I prefer the precision of regular night sights over the XS dots. All my Glocks wear Tru Glo TFO sights. I have installed dozens for customers also. Great product and 100% customer service on the two occasions I needed it.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I prefer two-dot night sights in the straight-8 configuration with the front dot larger... the bar-dot sights from XS work well, but the Big Dot I feel gives up too much accuracy for not a lot of added speed. The standard dot is great, but my new favorite is the Ameriglo I-Dot.
    sparkykb likes this.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

I have a xds I am debating on either the xs big dots or ameriglo hack sights. The hack sights are basically ally a trijicon hd front side and black serrated rear.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

Use a big dot on front of snubs for fast acquisition but trij green on g17 on the nightstand

Sponsored Links