I got it! (Appleseed Rifleman)

This is a discussion on I got it! (Appleseed Rifleman) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I attended my first Appleseed event over the weekend and I have to say, of all the positive things I heard it still exceeded my ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Thunder71
  • 1 Post By Thunder71

Thread: I got it! (Appleseed Rifleman)

I got it! (Appleseed Rifleman)

I attended my first Appleseed event over the weekend and I have to say, of all the positive things I heard it still exceeded my expectations.

What a great program.

936952_10151941469990200_1654369715_n.jpg

2. Remove Ads

I have no idea what the requirements are, nor do I have a great idea of the appleseed event other than it involves at least marksmenship. So by the badge, and target, I glean you did well. Congrats! Feel free to splain me this here shindig.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I'll post a piece from their site located here: Project Appleseed Home

Marksmanship Clinic

Our rifle marksmanship program complements our history and heritage. We teach the traditional American marksmanship skills. There are, however, several aspects of our marksmanship program that deserve special mention. We are particularly proud of our younger attendees. In accordance with applicable local laws, young people with sufficient maturity are welcome to the Appleseed line and can, with parental permission, join the cadre. The RWVA recognizes the importance of introducing a wide cross section of Americans to their marksmanship heritage. To encourage participation, we offer our program of instruction at a greatly reduced price to both women, and responsible persons under 21; Finally, an important aspect of our marksmanship program is called “Adaptive Appleseed.” Project Appleseed is serious about bringing our heritage and marksmanship instruction to everyone so we’ve committed ourselves to adapting Appleseed to the special needs of those who have certain physical challenges.

Why teach marksmanship? Because good shooting requires learning positive traits such as patience, determination, focus, attention to detail, and persistence. Since these skills are likewise key elements of mature participation in civic activities, we urge our students to take what they have learned about themselves as marksmen and apply it to their participation in their communities and in the wider American society in accordance with their own choices about how Americans should govern themselves.

Links