To display or not to display...NRA stickers?

This is a discussion on To display or not to display...NRA stickers? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were about the NRA car stickers. Do yall put them on your vehicles or not? I am kinda ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: To display or not to display...NRA stickers?

To display or not to display...NRA stickers?

So, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were about the NRA car stickers. Do yall put them on your vehicles or not? I am kinda torn myself. Part of me wants to display them proudly the other part of me fears damage to my sports car and luxury truck. There are probably more morons out there who don't understand them than there are who do. Twenty, thirty years ago, I never hesitated in putting them on. I was proud to have them on my rear window. But today, in this current morons in charge environment, I am not so fast with them.

What is yall's thoughts on them? Do you or do you not put them on and why? And if you don't what do you do with the stickers?

2. Remove Ads

I do not like the look on my vehicle so I do not. I also do not want the attention, positive or negative. JMO
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

No. There is no need to draw attention to yourself, being a gun owner. Put them on your tackle box, or tool box. But leave them off the car..JMO.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Hmmmm.......I feel your pain.....I also have quite a few saved up. I always had them on my vehicles but as of late I hear you....don't want my cars Keyed either. I remain undecided regarding this matter.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I think it just invites trouble. The type of person who would break into a vehicle looking for weapons would target (pun intended) yours.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Shows one's pride in affiliation.

But it also shows one's home/vehicle/person has valuable items to be taken, or taken into consideration if one is targeted. While it might well deter some, it's just as likely (IMO) to inspire others. It also strongly suggests one's political orientation, to some. That itself can make one a target, particularly given how badly some of the leftists are taking our refusal to roll over and die with respect to protection of everyone's liberties.

Beyond which, stickers can degrade a vehicle's value, if it alters the paint aging/coloration over time.

For myself: no stickers, for all the obvious reasons. My affiliation is my own concern, and I'm plenty proud of it. It's just that others needn't know of it unless I choose to have them know. I'd prefer not to broadcast it to just anyone, and that goes for most everything, not just NRA/gun affiliations.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have instrument and other road cases that I'll put stickers on.

Although, on the other side of the coin......why the heck should I have to worry about someone damaging my personal property.....and if I catchem' doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Although, on the other side of the coin......why the heck should I have to worry about someone damaging my personal property.....and if I catchem' doing it.
    You shouldn't need to worry.

And those desiring to harm your property or you won't be concerned with your needs, either. They'll just know that your place is where to look, and they'll be notified in advance of how hardened the place might be. Pros/cons to everything.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have to disagree, it is my right to do so and I will not allow any one person or group to violate my rights. Touch my car or a family member and you will pay the price.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I do not have any NRA or Ruger type stickers on my truck or the front door to my house. Mainly cuz it advertises that I either like guns or own guns. I have a few particular stickers inside my gun safe and on my icebox as well. Favorites like Question Authority and 'If it's Tourist Season...Why can't we shoot them Pa?

Mostly I just collect stickers cuz it's fun and it's an old habit.
    bklynboy likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I am running the NRA sticker on my truck and just added a nice 4x6 Gadsden flag sticker a few days ago. I rarely ever keep anything valuable inside my truck but there are tools locked in the box in back. I wouldn't let the fear of others actions stop me from displaying what I am proud of, but that is probably easier for me to say driving a 1986 s10, its a nice little truck for work but obviously not the most valuable vehicle out there.

No stickers or signs for me on my house or car. I don't want or need to advertise that I own guns.
    84160 likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Only sign on my front door............"BEWARE German Shepard On Duty".

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Only decal I'd consider putting on my car is a classy homage to my alma mater.

I agree with others that putting an NRA decal on your vehicle may induce vandalism or a break-in in search of firearms.

If you're not worried about either of those, then do what you want with it: it's your vehicle. I won't put one on mine.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links