Ya'll are gonna hurt me

Ya'll are gonna hurt me

This is a discussion on Ya'll are gonna hurt me within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK over the last three weeks ya'll have been more than gracious and have answered my questions and given me a lot of input. First ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ya'll are gonna hurt me

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar

Ya'll are gonna hurt me

OK over the last three weeks ya'll have been more than gracious and have answered my questions and given me a lot of input. First off was my deciding between 9mm and the 40s&w. Well that came down to a coin toss and the 40 is the hands down winner in the caliber debate. 2nd was the gun debate, Beretta 96 or a FN, well the FN won there. Then it became the FNS vs FNX, the FNS won because I didn't like where the safety/decocker rode on my thumb. Easy enough right? Well that didn't work because I figured I would check at one last LGS just down the street I forgot about. So I mosey into the store and take a look around and there is a Bi-tone FNS in 40 sweeeeeet, i'm all happy at this point. The owner ask if i'm looking for anything special and of course I say no i'm just waiting to see what jumps out at me in 40. He shows me a couple of guns and says what do you think? I said I think the FNS will fill my bill for what I am looking for. Thank goodness, i'm done, it's over, and I can get my gun and head on home. WRONG, the mans wife said honey here's one more you forgot to show him..............darn her. She pulls the gun out of the case and I see it's a Glock , she says we just got it in today it's a Gen 4 G23. I figured I would be nice and look at it since she took the time to get it out of the case for me. Now I don't know why but out of all the Glocks it seems that my G19 fits better than any other Glock in the line up, I think to myself here is another bulky in the hand Glock for me to try. Well she hands me the G23 and crap the stupid thing fits my hand , I swear the grip is smaller on the Gen 4 Glocks. Now I can't decide again which one. If she wasn't such a nice older lady I would have kicked her in the shins for what she did to me. So.......one more time guys and I swear it will be last time I ask or ya'll can have me thrown off of here. Which one do you think? I know you can't decide for me because that is my final choice but what say you? I am not a gun snob due to the fact I own Glock, Browning, CZ, and Kimber so maker is not a final decision maker for me.

Add the FNS to the stable to change things up a bit more or go with another Glock?

Fns, variety is the spice.of life!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

You have some nerve.......
    lionround likes this.

Don't handle a H&K P30. You'll have a stroke.

Seems like you're set on the FNS .40 cal. With the other horses in the stable, and given the fact you've already got the best Glock going (the G19), it's time to branch out a bit. Variety's the spice of life, 'n' all.

Enjoy, whichever you get.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    And both is not option why? Just kidding (or am I? ha)! Don't know much about the FNS...but do know the Glock works. Plain and simple. Pull trigger...go bang! But adding something a little different to the collection is awesome...my 2 cents is the FNS.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Glock. Go with the Glock, for sure.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Glock is never a bad choice, but like the others say, variety is the spice of life.

FNS!

Wait, GLOCK!

ARGH! Now you've got ME going, and I'm not even in the market!
    British by birth. American by choice.

VIP Member
    Under no circumstances should you let anyone stick a full-sized Smith & Wesson M&P in your hand.
    halem1, Sontag, Alex_C and 2 others like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I love Glocks but you already have one. Get the FNS!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post

Seems like you're set on the FNS .40 cal. With the other horses in the stable, and given the fact you've already got the best Glock going (the G19), it's time to branch out a bit. Variety's the spice of life, 'n' all.

Enjoy, whichever you get.
    Keep the FN, and like ccw9mm said, "Don't handle a H&K P30." I did, and now no longer have the FN.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

As much as I dislike glocks, you should choose the platform you are most comfortable with. If you can't shoot it or don't like shooting it, you will never shoot it or carry it. Rent one and put some rounds down range (as difficult as that is these days...) then make your decision.

You are familiar and seem to like your Glock. The G23 uses the exact same frame size as the G19 so you know it will feel good shooting it, the one difference being that on the Gen4's the backstrap system allows you to customize the grip size. Variety is fine and all, but if you really like the Glock platform I would recommend the G23.

FN make really solid guns, I've never owned an FN but i have been nothing short of impressed by every FN I've held and/or shot. The FiveseveN is a rich guy's toy but all the rest of them are very practical, especially the FNX and FNS series. FNs are a bit more expensive, but unlike some other brands that are above the $450-$650 sweet spot (SA XD), I feel FN are actually worth it for the quality of the gun, not the random junk they throw into the box like SA does with the holster and all that.

Don't worry, this isn't the last gun you'll ever buy. Get the one that tickles your fancy today, and save up for the other one for a later purchase..
    phreddy likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I agree, handle the P30 and it's gonna cost you a grand! I made that same mistake myself.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links