springfield XD-S or XDMC .45

This is a discussion on springfield XD-S or XDMC .45 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I have a chance to get one of these two pistols. I would have to wait for the XD-S but could get the XDMC ...

Thread: springfield XD-S or XDMC .45

springfield XD-S or XDMC .45

So I have a chance to get one of these two pistols. I would have to wait for the XD-S but could get the XDMC now. I like both of them and can shoot both well. Im torn though. What do you yall think?

2. Remove Ads

Either one is a good choice. I have the xds and a xdmc in 40. The xds conceals better. But I can conceal the xdm good also. Neither one is a bad choice.

I'm debating the same question. The XDMC has a higher round capacity and is thicker. I'm not sure I like the thinness of the XDS. It's great for concealing but feels small in my hand.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

The decision should be based on requirements. If you are planning to carry a lot and shoot a little, the XDS is superb! If you're an everyday shooter AND carry a lot, then the XDMC would be better. I have found that I will often put the XDS in the waist band with a PJ Holster quicker than my Glock 19, which is by far, my more favorite gun. I do keep the XDMC by the bedside for bumps in the night due to higher round count and subsonic rounds for in the house shooting. However, I can not remember the last time I carried it concealed.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

I carry all day everyday and shoot at leaat once a week.

Links