Sold my last Glock

Sold my last Glock

This is a discussion on Sold my last Glock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I can pretty much say I'm done with glock. After owning 2 g26 a G36 2 g27 I have to say I'm disappointed. I just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Sold my last Glock

Sold my last Glock

I can pretty much say I'm done with glock. After owning 2 g26 a G36 2 g27 I have to say I'm disappointed. I just recently bought the g27 and just sold it today. 3/5 I had no issue with at all and loved them the last two the g36 which I wrote off cause it can be a "problem child" and this latest g27 had issues. One was ftfeed g27 the other was ftejec g36. The ftejec was confirmed by others it was the gun and not me. Having 2 Glocks out of the box back to back with issues ruined it for me. I might of been a bit timid but having a glock thats not 100% reliable doesn't feel right and i just couldn't get past that for a carry piece. What put the nail in the coffin was I picked up a shield 40 that was one of the guns i was researching for the first time today and fell in love felt great to me and that is what closed my chapter on Glocks.
    Last edited by AustinS; May 4th, 2013 at 12:35 AM.

The shield is a wonderful weapon. I only own one glock but is has been flawless never had any problem and 1000's of rounds through it. But to each their own. You have to stick with whats best for you there is no wonder gun that is good for everybody.

VIP Member
    My two Glocks have both performed flawlessly through many thousands of rounds. That said, a full-sized 9mm M&P has been filling most of my edc needs lately.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    My two Glocks have both performed flawlessly through many thousands of rounds. That said, a full-sized 9mm M&P has been filling most of my edc needs lately.
    My two (G22 and G27, both Gen4) have also performed flawlessly, both with several thousands of rounds through, and both that have been through multi-day training courses in the Nevada desert with no cleaning (just blow-off and wipe down daily).
    Buckeye00 likes this.

Be sure to call us when you're back in Glock Town...you WILL be coming back.
    KBSR, C hawk Glock, Sap03 and 3 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have found that full size Glocks fit my hands better than the compact versions.
    atctimmy likes this.

wish I'd known your Glocks were for sale....since I've never had a failure in 20 years of shooting them, there is always room for one more in my safe.
    AZJD1968, atctimmy, OD* and 1 others like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

G17 Gen 1 bought brand new in 1991, never have had a single issue with it. Recently pulled it out of storage where it sat for 15 years UNCLEANED from the last range day...fired off 20 year old FMJ and 20 year old hydro shock and some 20 year old seriously tarnished +p hollow points....not a single issue.

I currently have an XDS.45 and PX4 Storm .40 and PPK/s .380 and a G20sf Gen 3...I'm the most accurate with the "ancient" G17. <shrug>

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    You should have been a citrus farmer as you have a natural talent for picking lemons. Never an issue with my Glock, but it's not the only name brand in my stable.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

AustinS and chuckusaret like this.

I've probably had 20 or more different Glocks since the 80's.

Not a single issue.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Like I said the other 3 were flawless never any problems at all loved them. It was Just was time to move on and I'm happy with that choice. Doesn't mean there a bad gun when you make that many there is bound to be a few with issues i just keep picking those ones lol. If i still had my 26 i would probably still be carrying it.

I've had a G30 and G36, both functioned perfectly. Sold the 30 and still have the 36, but never carry it. Looking to trade it or sell it. Just not for me.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Be sure to call us when you're back in Glock Town...you WILL be coming back.
    who wouldn't i love em i have shot many glocks ok like 3 but i have never had a proplem and ive never heard of anyone else having one beside the gen 4 spring issue which was fixed to my knowledge
    Spring field 1911a1, glock 27, tuarus pt111, colt police revolver 38spl, NAA mini, charter arms undercover .38 spl

Distinguished Member
    Well, more for the rest of us .

So you sold 3 perfectly functioning glocks, and you say you loved em? Ya, I agree, there will probably be another glock somewhere in your future.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links