Scored Ammo

This is a discussion on Scored Ammo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I haven't bought any ammo in a while...been shooting out of my standard stock. Cheaper than Dirt actually had 380 FMJ for several nights in ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sixgun
  • 1 Post By Jemsaal

Thread: Scored Ammo

Scored Ammo

I haven't bought any ammo in a while...been shooting out of my standard stock.

Cheaper than Dirt actually had 380 FMJ for several nights in a row for twenty couple bucks for a box of 50. So I picked up 5 boxes. Then today a co-worker told me he was cleaning out his ammo safe and found some 40 and 380 and he no longer has guns in either caliber. So I picked up 2 boxes of 380 and 8 boxes of 40 (Sellier and Bellot 50 round FMJ) all for $18 per box ($180 total). That's 15 boxes in the last 2 days. That'll hold me in range sessions for a little while.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Lucky you. Your co worker was a good deal. But i wouldnt give ctd the time o day let alone any of my $$$$ for them being price gougers. But thats just me. Enjoy your time at the range.
    oldman45 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Lucky you. Your co worker was a good deal. But i wouldnt give ctd the time o day let alone any of my $$$$ for them being price gougers. But thats just me. Enjoy your time at the range.
    I didn't want to, but the range I go to is charging $35 a box for range reloads. Ouch!!! Just no 380 ammo to be found around here anywhere. I'm lucky my buddy stumbled across some he didn't have guns for and I do. I'm well stocked on 9, 40, 38, and 357 (and was well before all the hype got going) but I got caught way low on 380 and that's the gun I'm carrying most of the time. I bought it right before the stuff hit the fan and had not been buying any 380 ammo since I didn't have one. I'm not stockpiling...just trying to keep up with the amount I'm shooting to keep my base inventory the same as it always has been.

I was out at pawn shops today looking for a lawn mower. 5th Steet Pawn in New Port Richey had a couple of 100 round boxes of the Federal 9mm you can sometimes find at Walmart for $19.99...of course he wanted $79.99 for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    I was out at pawn shops today looking for a lawn mower. 5th Steet Pawn in New Port Richey had a couple of 100 round boxes of the Federal 9mm you can sometimes find at Walmart for $19.99...of course he wanted $79.99 for them.
    I've got a lawnmower for sale. PM me, I'll cut you a deal.

Actually, I think ammo prices are coming down. I'm finding online stores that have 9mm at just over fifty cents a round, .40 a little more than that, and .22 at twenty cents a round now. Wife and I have have about 1300 rounds each left of our stash. That give us three or so months of shooting before we need to buy again. Hopefully that's enough time for the ammo prices to have dropped back to normal.
    BugDude likes this.

There's a local shop I have been buying boxes of 38, 9, and 40 for $18 / box throughout the hype, but limited to 1 box per caliber per customer per day. Rarely had 9, sometimes 40, and regularly had 38. Maybe once a month I was buying a box of each caliber and getting 38 more often. Then scored Walmart twice with 3 box limits at like $18 / box. Haven't been paying crazy prices or stock piling...just being patient. 380 has been impossible to find around here. I've been shooting my 38s more lately since I was finding 38 ammo readily. I enjoy shooting my snubs, so its been fine. I agree that overall availability is a little better and prices are a little lower. I hope it continues to improve.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    I need about 4,000 rounds of .45acp fmj. In the last three weeks I have found two boxes and bought both of them.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Just scored 1000 of 5.56 at lgs. Friend called me and told me it was there. He said they have plenty but when I got there they were already down to thier last two boxes.

Just found a LGS in Holiday that had a good supply of 5.56. Price was still a little steep but not outrageous so I picked up 100 rounds...no 9mm though.

The Scheels in Rapid City has PMC X-TAC 5.56 @ $12.95 for a box of 20. Limit of 5 boxes per customer.

Better than nothing.

Links