Robbery w/ 6 Suspects

Robbery w/ 6 Suspects

This is a discussion on Robbery w/ 6 Suspects within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In the era of liberals pushing Magazine Limits, it seems bad guys are perpetrating their crimes in ever increasing numbers. Not just 1, or even ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By BugDude
  • 2 Post By oldnfat
  • 4 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By BugDude

Thread: Robbery w/ 6 Suspects

Robbery w/ 6 Suspects

In the era of liberals pushing Magazine Limits, it seems bad guys are perpetrating their crimes in ever increasing numbers. Not just 1, or even 2...but 6 people to rob a convenience store.

6 suspects captured on video robbing Tampa 7-11

Facing a hypothetical defensive situation with 6 people involved (assuming the details justified defensive action), could anyone reasonably argue that 7 rounds is "enough"? It certainly would give you cause for concern. Just an example in my area I thought I would share as we put things like mag limits in perspective.

PS. I'm not really speaking to the specific details of this particular case. My point is an increasing trend of criminals committing crimes with increasing numbers of people. I see lots of home invasion reports in the St. Pete area with 3-4 people. Seen recent reports of "flash mobs" robbing stores. Just seems like the numbers are increasing while liberals are trying to decrease capacity. Just seems backwards to me.
    Last edited by BugDude; May 5th, 2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: added PS
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    You and I with our 642's would be in a difficult situation! But yes, I see your point. Law abiding citizens should be allowed to prepare as they see fit. But that goes against the "government shall provide" mentality.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    sadly this will probably start to become the new normal with the limits
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

I kinda think one shot would have sent them running, but they didnt have weapons so let them have everything not worth the hassle shooting them. What the heck were they thinking they would get to split among 6 guys.

Remember the "Boarding House Rules"...no one gets a second helping until everyone has his/her first.

It didn't say that any of the dirtbags were armed and I couldn't see any weapons.
    I think that the rats would scatter after the first helping...I'm just sayin'...

That would have been a nightmare to walk in on...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm not really speaking to the specific details of this particular case. My point is an increasing trend of criminals committing crimes with increasing numbers of people. I see lots of home invasion reports in the St. Pete area with 3-4 people. Seen recent reports of "flash mobs" robbing stores. Just seems like the numbers are increasing while liberals are trying to decrease capacity. Just seems backwards to me.
    ccw9mm and RETSUPT99 like this.

Distinguished Member
    Violence is increasing in frequency in many areas of the country. Criminals are becoming more confident in their chances of escape from law enforcement. This situation is feeding on itself in a chain reaction. Police are under manned and under funded. Sometimes there is justice, sometimes there is just us. Stay armed my friends.
    ccw9mm and OhioCatter like this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I noticed the title of the actual video was "strongarm robbery."
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    In the era of liberals pushing Magazine Limits, it seems bad guys are perpetrating their crimes in ever increasing numbers. Not just 1, or even 2...but 6 people to rob a convenience store.

6 suspects captured on video robbing Tampa 7-11

Facing a defensive situation with 6 people involved (assuming the details justified defensive action), could anyone reasonably argue that 7 rounds is "enough"? It certainly would give you cause for concern. Just an example in my area I thought I would share as we put things like mag limits in perspective.

PS. I'm not really speaking to the specific details of this particular case. My point is an increasing trend of criminals committing crimes with increasing numbers of people. I see lots of home invasion reports in the St. Pete area with 3-4 people. Seen recent reports of "flash mobs" robbing stores. Just seems like the numbers are increasing while liberals are trying to decrease capacity. Just seems backwards to me.
    You didn't hear that NY passed a law stating no more than 2 BG's per crime? That is how they insure 7 rounds is plenty.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

They should institute UBC: "Universal Badguy Checks"
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I noticed the title of the actual video was "strongarm robbery."
    I never said they were armed, or that it was a lethal force event...just pointing out that there were 6 of them...in the context of crime involving MORE people in events during a time when mag limits are going down.

Links