Free Shotguns in 15 Cities

This is a discussion on Free Shotguns in 15 Cities within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Group aims to give out free shotguns in 15 cities - CBS News The group is called the Armed Citizen Project, and as, their name ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Free Shotguns in 15 Cities

Group aims to give out free shotguns in 15 cities - CBS News

The group is called the Armed Citizen Project, and as, their name says they want to arm citizens by giving them shotguns.

They aim to give out shotguns to people in fifteen cities including Chicago.

They've already started giving out the guns in Houston where at least four mothers have received free guns.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Love it. This will drive the Aniti's crazy

Good point about the shotguns, "they are not of much use to criminals as much as they are to homeowners." Of course, a BG could use a shotgun, but I don't think it would be very discreet...

Where do I sign up?
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianSteel View Post
    Good point about the shotguns, "they are not of much use to criminals as much as they are to homeowners." Of course, a BG could use a shotgun, but I don't think it would be very discreet...
    Since they don't care about laws they can cut the barrel down to just in front of the mag tube and cut the stock off behind the grip thereby making it short enough to conceal under a coat.
    I'm assuming they are having them fill out 4473 at the gun store, since they would be entering an area of the Person to Person transfer where they purchased the gun knowing it would be given to somebody else unless the new owner completed the paperwork
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This group was giving away an AR-15 to bolster its email list a while back. I did not donate but did register since I don't really have varmit gun. I have not received any emails from them soliciting funds. Apparently I didn't win thecontest either. Lol
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Well at least the Vice President should be happy even if nobody else is; as he is a big believer in shotguns for home defense. I wonder if he has contributed any dollars to the program. Oh I forgot his motto is "do as I say, not do as I do".
    Sister likes this.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    What is to say the majority will not be sold on receipt.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Don't let the VP down...

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Not sure this is such a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Since they don't care about laws they can cut the barrel down to just in front of the mag tube and cut the stock off behind the grip thereby making it short enough to conceal under a coat....
    There is typically no mag tube on a single-shot shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm assuming they are having them fill out 4473 at the gun store, since they would be entering an area of the Person to Person transfer where they purchased the gun knowing it would be given to somebody else unless the new owner completed the paperwork
    They are GIVING the guns to the program participants; not selling them, or buying them "for someone who is legally prohibited from purchasing a firearm". It looks like the 'gifting' provision of the Federal regulations applies. I had doubts about this myself, too, but it appears to check out.

The rub here is that the 'gifting' must take place to/from people residing in the same state, so the "Armed Citizen Project" will need to recruit members to do the actual 'gifting' in each state where they intend to operate.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    What is to say the majority will not be sold on receipt.
    "What is to say" that the majority of YOUR guns will not be sold to Mexican drug cartels? Maybe we shouldn't let you have any guns, just in case.

Just sayin'.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianSteel View Post
    Yo 'Discreet' ain't even in the BG Playbook Bro...
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Not sure this is such a good idea.
    Why? Do you think they will forget to do background checks.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    There is typically no mag tube on a single-shot shotgun.

They are GIVING the guns to the program participants; not selling them, or buying them "for someone who is legally prohibited from purchasing a firearm". It looks like the 'gifting' provision of the Federal regulations applies. I had doubts about this myself, too, but it appears to check out.

The rub here is that the 'gifting' must take place to/from people residing in the same state, so the "Armed Citizen Project" will need to recruit members to do the actual 'gifting' in each state where they intend to operate.
    This Armed Citizen Project was born out of these LEO Gun Buy Back programs. These guys buy shotguns from the folks before they turn them over to Gun BB deals.
    Then the ACP gives the shotty's to deserving po folks with some shells. As long as the recipients get sum proper training for defensive shotgun use I think it's a fine idea. It gives those who otherwise would not be able to afford a firearm the means to protect their family.. It's a Win-Win for the Good Guys.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links