The Firearms Statistics That Gun Control Advocates Donít Want to See

This is a discussion on The Firearms Statistics That Gun Control Advocates Donít Want to See within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just read this during my morning routine. Interesting The Firearms Statistics That Gun Control Advocates Don?t Want to See | TheBlaze.com...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By suntzu

Thread: The Firearms Statistics That Gun Control Advocates Donít Want to See

Just read this during my morning routine. Interesting

The Firearms Statistics That Gun Control Advocates Don?t Want to See | TheBlaze.com
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Oh goodie...more stats Everyone knows the problems with stats. Stats are a set of numbers that are manipulated to support the arguement of the person presenting it.

Pro 2a Dude: Look at Chicago! Look at the crime rate and murders! This is because it has strict gun control and the bad guys know the good guys don't have guns.

Sounds familiar? Now, does this sound familiar:

Pro 2A dude: When anti's talk about gun deaths and murders they forget that most of them are BG's shooting BG's....just look at Chicago!

See the difference? Our arguements...and theirs, are never consistent. In the first Pro 2A dude response his logic is innocent GG's are getting killed by BG's because of the gun laws. In the second one he is saying that mostly BG's are getting murdered by BG's and not GG's.

I saw a study before (from an anti) that explains how gun control will reduce the amount if illegal firearms in a city and therefore lower the murder/crime rate. Chicago is close to areas where you can purchase guns. If all of Ill and its surrounding states had a ban on guns...of course only crimminals would have guns, but not as many. Crime would move. It was supported with stats from several cities around the US which showed a relationship to crime and violence and the gun control laws that surrounded those areas.

Of course it was bull. It only looked at a few metrics and not the entire picture. Same with every other stat and study that comes from both sides.
    Alex_C likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ďWhom shall I send? And who will go for us?Ē
    And I said, ďHere am I. Send me!Ē

Isaiah 6:8

"Statistics", whether supporting our views or opposing them, are formulated to say exactly what the person funding the endeavor wants them to say. Even if they make complete sense, they are still the product of an agenda and will reflect that agenda in the results. As such, I ignore them.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Sponsored Links