NRA convention vendor's misogynist mannequin

This is a discussion on NRA convention vendor's misogynist mannequin within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NRA blasted for allowing vendor to display ?ex-girlfriend? target at convention They are called "the ex-girlfriend". They look like women, they are wearing sexy underwear, ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: NRA convention vendor's misogynist mannequin

NRA convention vendor's misogynist mannequin

NRA blasted for allowing vendor to display ?ex-girlfriend? target at convention

They are called "the ex-girlfriend".

They look like women, they are wearing sexy underwear, and they bleed fake blood when you shoot them.

They were on sale at the NRA's convention.

This is not a symbol for an organization that supposedly respects women and only wants guns to be used as tools for self-defense and to protect society.

The NRA should apologize for their lack of judgement in allowing this product to be sold at their convention.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    You must have a great life if that is the biggest thing you have to worry about.
    Kennydale likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Are you really that uptight about a target ?

I think you should apologize for being overly sensitive about something that in the big scheme of things, doesn't matter. Or rather is just another opportunity to slam the NRA for something, anything?

Because if it is, I can see your avatar changing rather soon.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    An outrage!

It looks nothing like her!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    You must have a great life if that is the biggest thing you have to worry about.
    Yes, my life is pretty wonderful. Thanks for asking.
    Hopyard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Are you really that uptight about a target ?

I think you should apologize for being overly sensitive about something that in the big scheme of things, doesn't matter. Or rather is just another opportunity to slam the NRA for something, anything?

Because if it is, I can see your avatar changing rather soon.
    I will never hide my disgust for the NRA. But supporting the NRA and supporting gun rights are not mutually inclusive.
    Hopyard and keboostman like this.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I don't care one iota if others use them, but I personally find them a little weird. Paper, clays, and cardboard boxes are fine by me.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Senior Moderator
    I will never hide my disgust for the NRA. But supporting the NRA and supporting gun rights are not mutually inclusive.
    I can respect that. But be advised, that NRA bashing will not be tolerated here on this forum. Too many of the members here are members.
    Consider that a warning.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I can respect that. But be advised, that NRA bashing will not be tolerated here on this forum. Too many of the members here are members.
    Consider that a warning.
    If attacking the NRA is a violation of the forum's rules, don't you think it should be included in the forum's rule #9?

VIP Member
    I does not matter what is done, someone will get their knickers in a wad. Get over it!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Randalls View Post
    If attacking the NRA is a violation of the forum's rules, don't you think it should be included in the forum's rule #9?
    Randalls,

Are you here to particpate and learn or are you here to stir the pot? We do tolerate alternate views here, but you are coming across as someone who has a point to make and not someone here to share and learn.
    Rock and Glock and WHEC724 like this.

Senior Moderator
    If attacking the NRA is a violation of the forum's rules, don't you think it should be included in the forum's rules?
    No. That would be akin to saying that it is against forum rules to stand in the rain without an umbrella. This is a gun forum after all. Although we recognize that some people aren't smart enough to come in from the rain, that doesn't necessarily mean that we need to address it.

However, if you aren't smart enough to quit poking the bear, don't be surprised when you get eaten.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Randalls,

Are you here to particpate and learn or are you here to stir the pot? We do tolerate alternate views here, but you are coming across as someone who has a point to make and not someone here to share and learn.
    I am a gun owner, who has questions about guns.

My views may conflict with some gun owners, but not others.

Randalls, Hope I spelled that right, I am sure you will let us know if I did not.

I some questions for you. Do you like guns, the gun culture, the way of life we have chosen????? Or do you have an agenda against what we discuss? It would appear that you are only here to try and change our minds about what we love, and how we live. I for one find you offensive. To me you have become that liberal that just will not go away. I hope you can understand where I am coming from, however I am sure you wont. And by the way, challenging HGs is not a good move.
    Patti and MasterGadgets like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Randalls, Hope I spelled that right, I am sure you will let us know if I did not.

I some questions for you. Do you like guns, the gun culture, the way of life we have chosen????? Or do you have an agenda against what we discuss? It would appear that you are only here to try and change our minds about what we love, and how we live. I for one find you offensive. To me you have become that liberal that just will not go away. I hope you can understand where I am coming from, however I am sure you wont. And by the way, challenging HGs is not a good move.
    I own two guns, and recently bought an ATI tactical stock for my shotgun. Its very cool, and I can't wait to shoot it. :)

Going turkey hunting in 2 weeks.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links