I'm a Proud Father!!!!!

This is a discussion on I'm a Proud Father!!!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My 11 year old daughter just made me a proud father. I had to give her a hug!!! She heard me listening to a news ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: I'm a Proud Father!!!!!

I'm a Proud Father!!!!!

My 11 year old daughter just made me a proud father. I had to give her a hug!!!

She heard me listening to a news story about gun control and she asked, "Are you for gun control or against it?" And I said, "What do you think?" And she said "Against it! What is gun control anyway?"

So I proceeded to explain to her what all the liberal politicians were trying to push through.

She looked at me and said, "Well, that's stupid. That's assuming the criminals are buying their guns through legal channels. The only people that impacts are the law-abiding citizens!"

BINGO!!!!

Then she said, "If an 11 year old girl gets it and the president of the United States doesn't, then this country is in BIG trouble!"

I could not be more proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Kudos to you Sir. You have one awesome daughter. Sounds like your raising her right.

It never ceases to amaze me how non jaded children with a fresh outlook on life can be so much smarter than a lot of adults. Congrats on having a very smart daughter, OP.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Your daughter is a smart girl. I'd be proud of her too. Youre raising her good.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Now explain to her that all of her friends who will someday be voting for a new president probably don't understand this either, so don't be afraid to help explain it to them when they start talking about gun control. The more of these kids we get thinking for themselves instead of just repeating what's being shoved down their throat, the better off we'll all be in the long run.
    Ksthumper likes this.

There may yet be hope for the future of this country.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

She's a smart cookie. Which of her parents' will take credit for that? Lol.

You have good reason to be proud. Well done!

You ought to be proud!

However, I predict trouble ahead if she gets some lame-brained leftist teacher like Dewey Christian...
    Teacher reportedly refused to grade student reports on guns | Fox News
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I've been very proud of her for many years and for many reasons. Quite an incredible young lady and always has been. She's extremely intelligent, yet still maintains an incredible amount of common sense. She reads incessantly and always has. She gets her hands on a thick small print novel and it's read in 2 days...and she can tell you everything about it from a comprehension standpoint. She's very artistic and witty too. I started taking her shooting when she was 7, but she hasn't been in several years now. This was just one of those proud Dad moments I had to share. Now I just need to get her some history books about the founding of this country, the constitution, and bill of rights (especially 2A). I think we have a future 2A rights leader here.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    You ought to be proud!

However, I predict trouble ahead if she gets some lame-brained leftist teacher like Dewey Christian...
    Teacher reportedly refused to grade student reports on guns | Fox News
    She's stubborn and hard headed like her Daddy...I don't think a lame brain teacher is going to influence her. I've already pulled her out of one school for the Admin acting like imbeciles, and had a run-in with another school (generally because she is smarter than the school employees). it's no big thing to do it again.

One school was a religious school and a little boy refused to pray during prayer time. My daughter told him it was time to pray and he lashed out that he didn't believe in God. Well, just like the school taught her, she said, "If you don't believe in God then you're going to [insert word here]". The boy must have thought the gates were gonna open up right then and suck him in because he freaked. She got in trouble for telling him exactly what the school had taught her. Let's just say I took my kid elsewhere.

Another school in second grade the library wouldn't let her check out chapter books. The kid was reading MOBY DICK at home. When they tested her reading scores in the 2nd grade, she was in 2nd year of college level reading. I took the SCHOOL's aptitude test to the office and showed it to the principal and said, "This school doesn't have a book in it that is up to her reading level, including the offices and cars of the staff. Let the kid check out any book she wants!!!"

Fortunately, the private school we enrolled her in here in Florida has been very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplyte View Post
    She's a smart cookie. Which of her parents' will take credit for that? Lol.
    Most likely to her benefit, she is adopted and not biologically influenced by either of us. That could explain her intellect.
    OD* and blanco64 like this.

OD*
    Congratulations, Dude!!

You've raised her well.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Most likely to her benefit, she is adopted and not biologically influenced by either of us. That could explain her intellect.
    LOL!

Congrats on having a young daughter who can actually 'think for herself'.
    Patti, OD* and BugDude like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links