Interesting discussion with a Walmart employee today

This is a discussion on Interesting discussion with a Walmart employee today within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I stopped by one of the local WM's on the way home from work, since the Walmart smartphone app said they had "limited quantities" (vs. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Interesting discussion with a Walmart employee today

I stopped by one of the local WM's on the way home from work, since the Walmart smartphone app said they had "limited quantities" (vs. "out-of-stock") of a caliber I shoot.

They didn't have any, of course.

However, when I was talking with the guy working Sporting Goods, he told me they're not allowed to give any info anymore on inbound shipments as a customer got into a fistfight with an employee at another local WM due to getting "bad" info.

Not sure if it's just that store or if all stores are following that directive.

Mine wouldn't give me any info about shipments when I asked awhile back - I just figured they wanted it for employees and/or their friends. Or maybe it really is sporadic and they don't know when to expect anything. I don't know...

I would think though if someone decked an employee over ammo it'd be all over the news - more fuel about gun nuts and all...

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    I wouldn't put it past some people to react that way. And most shipments come in spuratic and they probably only know a time period that things will be in, not exact days. Especially with the shortages.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Distinguished Member
    that might explain why the gentlemen at my local WM stop calling letting me know ammo was in stock.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I just called mine today to ask what they had in stock (nothing of course) and she volunteered the info that they were getting more .223 and .22 in in the morning, and told me what time they stock the shelves. She said to make sure I get there early, but I won't because some of us still have to work.

I think it just depends on where you live.
    Walk softly ...

Yeah I beat the crap out of the old lady at my local walmart every week over that.

Kidding I dont think ive ever bought more than two boxes of 243 at a walmart in my life. I just go to the lgs. For me the difference in gas driving the extra distance to wally world would be more than id save on ammo
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member
    Wow, I am blown away just because you found one that talks.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

I just get blank stares from the two ladies who are there in the sporting goods area whenever I drop by (once a week) to check on ammo. I'm not rude; I have a smile on my face & check the shelves myself; ask politely if things are improving. Normally I have something in my cart.

One looks as if the world hates her. The other has no idea which end of the rifle the bullet exits.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    The only ammo I've bought at WM is my first box of .45 ACP when I bought my G30. Since then it's been all reloads except for my SD ammo that I got at my LGS or the son gave me. You folks can run to the back of the Super stores where they always put the sporting goods. My old legs say "Enough!"
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The important thing to remember about the Smartphone App. is that it is not real time.
    It shows when it was last updated and this can be 6 days prior.
    If a store says out of stock in the AM and you check the app. later in the day and it says "In Stock" a shipment has recently arrived or had gone on the shelves.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

VIP Member
    What I find interesting is that you claim to of had a discussion with a Walmart employee...is that even possible?
    ppkheat, gdvan01 and mano3 like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    You found a WalMart employee? You normally have a better chance of seeing Sasquatch...
    Jetfuelrm, mano3 and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I'm not sure if part of the job description is speaking to customers (or to anyone).
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

I went in this morning before work and the guy told me that they were getting a truck in and even gave me the time. I popped in there after work and got in line and it had arrive as he had said, I just got there a bit later than I had intended and missed out.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    I've noticed employee's at my local Walmart tend to just pick the opposite shift so people don't bother them during their's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links