What The DHS Wants to Use To Desensitize Their Agents

This is a discussion on What The DHS Wants to Use To Desensitize Their Agents within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After reading about the thread on the Zombie mannequin (Now Closed). I wonder if that person would also find these REAL lifelike targets as distressing. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: What The DHS Wants to Use To Desensitize Their Agents

After reading about the thread on the Zombie mannequin (Now Closed). I wonder if that person would also find these REAL lifelike targets as distressing.

targets2_16x9.jpg

Lifelike 'No More Hesitation' Targets Of Pregnant Women, Children Made Available To Law Enforcement

No, because they are being used by the Govt for training...and anything the Govt does is OK with libtards.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

You have been able to get photo targets like that for over twenty years in the Washington D.C. area. Some of my former coworkers posed for the pictures. These are nothing new.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    After reading about the thread on the Zombie mannequin (Now Closed). I wonder if that person would also find these REAL lifelike targets as distressing.

targets2_16x9.jpg

Lifelike 'No More Hesitation' Targets Of Pregnant Women, Children Made Available To Law Enforcement
    Works for me. Remember this one? (caution, adult language and violence):
    Full Metal Jacket- Get Some - YouTube!
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member
    I can tell you the Military had a very steep learning curve in VietNam. I was there for two tours and many servicemen paid a price for not understanding that women and children can kill you.

A threat of a gun pointed at you nullifies any age,sex,ethnic background and puts you in the target category. Just my thoughts.
    Bark'n, mkh, ccw9mm and 4 others like this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Got no problem with training them to ignore the obvious shooter condition and focusing on the weapon.
    Bark'n and ccw9mm like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

It's to stop deadly hesitation.

"May I ask why you felt little Tiffany deserved to die?"

Kennydale likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post

targets2_16x9.jpg

Oh my gosh, I am so outraged about this...how could anyone possibly think that a child or a pregnant woman could ever point a gun at you if they weren't wearing their NRA hats and clinging to their Bibles!
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    I can tell you the Military had a very steep learning curve in VietNam. I was there for two tours and many servicemen paid a price for not understanding that women and children can kill you.

A threat of a gun pointed at you nullifies any age,sex,ethnic background and puts you in the target category. Just my thoughts.
    The VC specifically used women and children against us because they tended to emotionally "disarm" us into complacency, not expecting them to be combatants. Many of our men died before we learned that lesson.
    Last edited by MasterGadgets; May 10th, 2013 at 09:19 AM.
    manolito likes this.

When its a threat it really dosent matter who it is. Its a threat, and will be treated a such. I do not have a problem with those targets....
    Bark'n, Taurahe, ccw9mm and 1 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    When its a threat it really dosent matter who it is. Its a threat, and will be treated a such. I do not have a problem with those targets....
    That's the bottom line. It's the gun that makes them a threat, not who is holding it.
    Taurahe likes this.

VIP Member
    On the issue of desensitizing, personally I don't believe a photograph will do it as the person practicing already knows it is just a piece of paper. Not to be gross or sound cruel, if you need to train someone to fire at a live person, a starting place would be live animals, goats, dogs; anything the person being trained will know full well is living. And even then, it won't work well as they will also know these are not human beings.

[sarcasm] So, I have a modest proposal. Put the Cleveland Kidnapper in a field and tell him to run.

Even that won't work. The shooter will know he isn't human. [/sarcasm]
    Bark'n likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Actually the first time i was on a range they offered me a Zombie Target.....

Well to be honest, to get the most effect out of those types of targets, they need to be presented to the shooter in a "pop up" fashion. Kind of like the FBI's Hogan's Alley type set up. Just putting them up in a static target stand has little effect on a persons speed of recognizing the threat. It has to be used in a surprise or startle scenario.

I have no issues with using life like and realistic targets. I buy them myself all the time.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    On the issue of desensitizing, personally I don't believe a photograph will do it as the person practicing already knows it is just a piece of paper. Not to be gross or sound cruel, if you need to train someone to fire at a live person, a starting place would be live animals, goats, dogs; anything the person being trained will know full well is living. And even then, it won't work well as they will also know these are not human beings.

[sarcasm] So, I have a modest proposal. Put the Cleveland Kidnapper in a field and tell him to run.

Even that won't work. The shooter will know he isn't human. [/sarcasm]
    Hopy, I think you have touched upon a greater subject than just targets. We are so far removed from the respect of gathering our own food and the sense of life and death associated with it. It should be a topic, in and of itself....
    Hopyard likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links