Any News Regarding Magpul's Move & PMags?

This is a discussion on Any News Regarding Magpul's Move & PMags? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm just curious. Now that most of the Anti-Gun legislation has been shot down for a while, has anyone starting to see PMags become available? ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By dling

Thread: Any News Regarding Magpul's Move & PMags?

Any News Regarding Magpul's Move & PMags?

I'm just curious. Now that most of the Anti-Gun legislation has been shot down for a while, has anyone starting to see PMags become available?

I know Magpul said they have been cranking out PMags as fast as they can, around the clock are they starting to catch up with demand?

I'm still not seeing any anywhere.

Also, has anyone heard any news whether Magpul is actually moving out of Colorado like they promised? They claimed they would be outta there within 30 days.

Any news on those two issues?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

I have not seen anything yet.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

They have manufactured their first PMAGS outside of Colorado within the last week or two. They indicated they were going to announce the new location in Houston at the NRA Convention. I haven't heard. I'll dig around.
    Bark'n likes this.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    There is a gun store owner near me,has been getting a few in.He has been,but,the prices have dropped.They were 30.00 a piece.If you wanted a window on it,lol,5.00 xtra.Prices have dropped some.I went in one day,to get some ammo,and he had 3- 42rd promags for 16.00 a piece.I see MidwayUSA has them on their website for 13.00,or did.
    Maybe it's getting better.I saw a video,last night about magpul. Magpul Set to Leave Colorado After Magazine-Limits Bill Signed into Law - YouTube
    I'm not sure if the video,is the latest update.

I found this on their facebook page date Apr 19th:

We had some communications regarding our pending move and the process of choosing our new locations to put out this week, but the events in Boston make this a poor time for that, and we will hold off those announcements until later. Our support is with the residents and first responders who are dealing with the tragedy of loss and the fractured lives created by the acts perpetrated by these evil individuals. Stay alert out there...there are many in this world who wish harm on our society. Meet them with strength so as to discourage their ilk from attempting to prey on others.

They have to move right? I thought Colorado's mag ban (that passed right?) barred the manufacture of high caps within the state along with their sale?
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

From Magpul's FaceBook page:

We’d like to thank the tens of thousands of visitors to our booth at the NRA show as well as the numerous posters here on our FB page for your support and for the generous invitations to relocate to your home states. While at the NRA show, we had the opportunity to speak with representatives from various gun-friendly states, including the Governor of Texas and his staff. We have some additional visits and meetings that will be taking place in the near future with the short list of remaining potential locations. Numerous preparations for executing the move while minimizing disruptions to production are already underway. As mentioned previously, we have already started moving some of our production out of CO. There are many factors at work in our decisions, including business climate, tax structure, legislative environment, regulatory burdens, culture, workforce, etc., and any decision that did not consider all these areas carefully would not only be ill-advised, but irresponsible to our employees, our customers, and the brand. We are eager to make more specific announcements as soon as we can responsibly do so without sabotaging our ongoing efforts and negotiations, and we appreciate your support and understanding until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    They have to move right? I thought Colorado's mag ban (that passed right?) barred the manufacture of high caps within the state along with their sale?
    The coward legislators threw in an exemption for manufacturing at the last minute, and then passed the bill.

I ordered 4 Magpul PMAG 30 AR/M4 Gen M2 and 4 Magpul PMAG® 30 AR/M4 (No Window) GEN M3 from JSE Surplus yesterday and received a ship notice today.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Bitter clinger!

There are consequences…..

Their Facebook page has indicated that they are making mags and their new metal sights outside of Colorado. The last bit of info regarding an announcement was that it would be delayed out of respect for the Boston incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    The coward legislators threw in an exemption for manufacturing at the last minute, and then passed the bill.
    Christ. "Oh here, we don't want your product in our society, but we want your tax dollars". You guys getting grandfathered at least, or are you going to just become a criminal overnight if you don't get rid of your mags?
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

I've seen 2 local stores here in Denver that have the Gen2-30rd.
    One had them for $34.99 ea and the other for $13.99 ea.

I'm not very good at math, but went with the $13.99 option (limit 5, which I fulfilled)

Other than these 2 places, my other 2 places I go to are totally out- (local stores/big box has zero)

I'm not sure about PMag availability overall, but Brownell's just informed me that the 10-pack I ordered on 12/26 will arrive here on Monday... doin' the little happy dance here. And as most Brownell's customers are aware, they are honoring their original price, which means with shipping these will have a net cost of under $14 each.

So maybe the logjam is breaking up a bit?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by dling View Post
    I ordered 4 Magpul PMAG 30 AR/M4 Gen M2 and 4 Magpul PMAG® 30 AR/M4 (No Window) GEN M3 from JSE Surplus yesterday and received a ship notice today.

Thanks for the info!

I jumped on it and just picked up four new PMags.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links