SHOT Show Parts Ways With Reed Exhibitions

This is a discussion on SHOT Show Parts Ways With Reed Exhibitions within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Harrisburg debacle Home - Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show was more than the largest gun show in the world could tolerate: NSSF Statement on ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By NH_Esau
  • 5 Post By WHEC724
  • 2 Post By Kilowatt3

Thread: SHOT Show Parts Ways With Reed Exhibitions

VIP Member

The Harrisburg debacle Home - Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show was more than the largest gun show in the world could tolerate:
    NSSF Statement on Management of the SHOT Show - Outdoor Hub
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Just a guess here, but I think there are going to be some layoffs at Reed Exhibitions very soon. With two of their largest shows lost from their clientele, they will need many fewer employees.

I wonder who they'll blame for this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Buh-bye.
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Adios.

Ignore your customer at your own peril; One of the greatest virtues of capitalism.

Gotta love ESOS's response to the massive boycotts:

"It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing."

I guess it was just a tiny, rowdy minority of extremist gun-nuts that caused 350+ exhibitors and 50 speakers to pull out of the show.
    atctimmy and FTG-05 like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    That news just warms my heart. I love it when capitalism runs it's course. Gun owners are a powerful group economically and as a voting block. Lets continue to use our influence to get rid of people who spread lies and hate about our tools.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    That news just warms my heart. I love it when capitalism runs it's course. Gun owners are a powerful group economically and as a voting block. Lets continue to use our influence to get rid of people who spread lies and hate about our tools.
    This is very true and not sure that Washington understands the influence that gun owners can have on events and elections "IF" we all get behind a project.
    "The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Gerry
    Ft Collins

They cut their own throat with that stunt!
    They only way these people understand anything is by hurting them in their wallets.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post

"It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing."

I guess it was just a tiny, rowdy minority of extremist gun-nuts that caused 350+ exhibitors and 50 speakers to pull out of the show.
    What they don't seem to get is that we are one. We will not let them ban "a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits".
    To paraphrase James Yeager: "Not one bleeping inch more. Not an inch."
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I would also assume that there was a ripple down effect on the use of Reed Enterprise by other organizations due to the negative publicity of their actions. One can also assume that there was also a change in senior management at Reed Enterprises.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Good. Glad SHOT made the right decision.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post

Funny how Reed uses the same "marginalize gun owners" language that the gun banners use.

Way to go for all those +350 exhibitors and 50 speakers that helped pull the plug on their hypocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by 84160 View Post
    This is very true and not sure that Washington understands the influence that gun owners can have on events and elections "IF" we all get behind a project.
    That's a pretty big IF

It didn't work too well last year. Too many people sat on their A$$E$.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Sponsored Links