Missouri movie theater stunt

This is a discussion on Missouri movie theater stunt within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why??? This theater's manager sounds too stupid to run a business. A Missouri movie theater is in trouble with police for a publicity stunt that ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Missouri movie theater stunt

Why??? This theater's manager sounds too stupid to run a business.

A Missouri movie theater is in trouble with police for a publicity stunt that could have had tragic consequences.

During the opening of “Iron Man 3″, the Goodrich Capital 8 had an actor walk into a theater with full tactical gear, carrying a fake gun. Several moviegoers were scared, thinking it was a real shooter, and called 911.
    Full story: Police upset about Missouri movie theater stunt | fox4kc.com

The actor is lucky he didn't get shot by a member of the audience.

That could have gotton a CC holder in trouble. What would the reasonable man do in that situation?
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Holy Smokes!!!

They walk among us - and they BREED!!!

How on Earth did a theater manager dumb enough to do that find an actor dumb enough to do that???
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by ddclancy View Post
    That could have gotton a CC holder in trouble. What would the reasonable man do in that situation?
    I dont think so. A reasonable man would have ended the threat.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    UNBELIEVABLE. I can't come up with the words to describe how colossally stupid that was. There are so many ways that could have ended badly. People could have been trampled running from the the theater. Someone could have had a heart attack running from the theater. An off-duty LEO or CC holder could have shot him. They could have shot him, the bullet could have passed through and hit someone else. The list could go on.

If I was there when that happened, knowing what has happened in Aurora, Newtown, etc., I'm not sure I would have waited to see what happened next before pulling and firing. I might wait to see if he opens fire, but then someone might be dead because I hesitated. I'm glad no one died, but the actor and the manager need to be charged with something.
    Taurahe, Tzadik, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.

What were they attempting to accomplish with this "publicity" stunt? The people had already paid for their tickets and were in their seats.

This was a prank more than a publicity stunt and the actor is lucky no CCW holder or LEO acted. I'm not one to go off and react too quickly but in a case like this I could see myself taking the shot if I could. I would not wait for the guy to start shooting if he appears armed and geared up with tactical stuff. I would not feel bad for shooting that idiot either.

As old John Wayne said, "Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."
    Taurahe and Tzadik like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    UNBELIEVABLE. I can't come up with the words to describe how colossally stupid that was. There are so many ways that could have ended badly. People could have been trampled running from the the theater. Someone could have had a heart attack running from the theater. An off-duty LEO or CC holder could have shot him. They could have shot him, the bullet could have passed through and hit someone else. The list could go on.

If I was there when that happened, knowing what has happened in Aurora, Newtown, etc., I'm not sure I would have waited to see what happened next before pulling and firing. I might wait to see if he opens fire, but then someone might be dead because I hesitated. I'm glad no one died, but the actor and the manager need to be charged with something.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^ That has got to be one of the most brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, doltish, dopey, dull, dumb, foolish, futile, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic, ill-advised, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, insensate, irrelevant, ludicrous, meaningless, mindless, moronic, naive, nonsensical, obtuse, out to lunch, pointless, puerile, rash, senseless, shortsighted, simple, simpleminded, slow, sluggish, stolid, stupefied, thick, thick-headed, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking things I have ever heard of.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^ That has got to be one of the most brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, doltish, dopey, dull, dumb, foolish, futile, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic, ill-advised, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, insensate, irrelevant, ludicrous, meaningless, mindless, moronic, naive, nonsensical, obtuse, out to lunch, pointless, puerile, rash, senseless, shortsighted, simple, simpleminded, slow, sluggish, stolid, stupefied, thick, thick-headed, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking things I have ever heard of.
    Don't hold back, Lion - Tell us how you REALLY feel!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

The sad thing is that if it HAD gone sour, and a CCL holder had opened fire and killed the actor, it would've been just one more incitement to cries for stricter gun control.

Never mind the fact that the CCL holder would've been saving lives if the threat were real, instead of a brainless stunt.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

I came across this article with more details.
    Movie theater publicity stunt triggers officers to respond to active shooter situation | Local News - Home

Photos of the event here, starting with photo #70 in this Facebook album. (No Facebook account required.) I assume it's the guy in photo #73 that caused the concern, although the lady looks the part too.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3899619&type=1

Hey, but look at the bright side: Iron Man was RIGHT THERE to stop the bad guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    Nice work, Lionround! You even listed them in alphabetical order.
    lionround likes this.

I am glad none of our DC members were in the audience because this Actor would probably be occupying a casket for his next roll.
    Taurahe and Manderinobyebye like this.

I would have opened fire. This isn't a joking situation. The manager and actor are idiots.
    TVJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I came across this article with more details.
    Movie theater publicity stunt triggers officers to respond to active shooter situation | Local News - Home

Photos of the event here, starting with photo #70 in this Facebook album. (No Facebook account required.) I assume it's the guy in photo #73 that caused the concern, although the lady looks the part too.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3899619&type=1

Hey, but look at the bright side: Iron Man was RIGHT THERE to stop the bad guys!!
    I looked through the pictures. If several other people had been showing up in costumes as well that might put things in a different light. I had envisioned everybody there in their everyday clothes and then one guy walks in wearing the tactical gear. I don't go to movies that much anymore. When I do go, I like to avoid opening nights because I don't want to deal with crowds and lines. But still, showing up to a movie opening with a fake gun is still asking for trouble.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar

Not only that, they're horrible costumes. (Except maybe the Iron Man)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links