Gavelston TX question

This is a discussion on Gavelston TX question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I will be going on a cruise that leaves from gavelston in a few months... Could someone please tell me what that area is like ...

Thread: Gavelston TX question

Gavelston TX question

I will be going on a cruise that leaves from gavelston in a few months... Could someone please tell me what that area is like (ie port area) and we will also be driving into here, anyone got a good way to make it to the port? SAFETY first.
    Thanks guys and gals

2. Remove Ads

Port of Galveston, TX - Official Website

I have never been to the port , but have have been to the city, beach and Moody Gardens.

Safe place?

The way to port and ferry isn't a very bad place... mostly industrial. However, one can never be too safe. Carry, and carry always.

If you continue on I45, you'll eventually reach a statue in the middle of Galveston. After Hurricane Ike, the floodwaters came up the foot of that statue. You'll see when you get there.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    The way to port and ferry isn't a very bad place... mostly industrial. However, one can never be too safe. Carry, and carry always.

If you continue on I45, you'll eventually reach a statue in the middle of Galveston. After Hurricane Ike, the floodwaters came up the foot of that statue. You'll see when you get there.
    You can carry in Texas if you have proper licensing, but I don't think you can carry on the cruise ship......

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    There are good places and bad. The area around UTMB is safe but the other side of broadway and in to the interior can get sketchy.
    The area you will be going to board the cruise ship isnt bad.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    It's not that bad. I'd avoid major events (like Mardi Gras, etc) at night, but other than that it's like most other cities.

Links