Saw Something That Gave Me Hope

This is a discussion on Saw Something That Gave Me Hope within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was driving home from work the other day and saw the neighbor boy walking in a field with a BB gun (his own property). ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By Badey
  • 1 Post By ChadliusNH
  • 1 Post By BigJon10125
  • 4 Post By Alex_C
  • 1 Post By hek1620

Thread: Saw Something That Gave Me Hope

I was driving home from work the other day and saw the neighbor boy walking in a field with a BB gun (his own property). He was being responsible, and for the couple of seconds that I saw him, seemed like he was having a good time. It was nice to see a member the next generation doing what I did when I was his age. Maybe things aren't as bad everywhere in this country as I sometimes think.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Awesome! I was rarely on my parents property without my trusty crossman! The joys of hearing those tin cans clank when shot still makes me all warm and fuzzy.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I bought my son a bb gun for his birthday last year and hes always out popping cans and his action figures ..

Some day when I have a son/daughter the first thing they will learn gun safety on will be my Benjamin. No better platform for the gun safety 'classroom' if you ask me.
    dV8r likes this.

My boys are 2 and 4. They are learning on a Air soft gun right now. Speaking of I need a different one, the 92fs is a bit big, but for basic safety lessons its great.
    Phaedrus likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member
    Nice! I'll be moving closer to my nephew soon and I'll be hunting for a field for us to go to and destroy some evil beer/soda cans.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

2 minutes later a liberal passed him and called 911 about a "BWAG" (boy with a gun) and as soon as they had stopped hyperventilating from their hoplophobia-induced panic attack they continued on to express their concern to the dispatcher about him turning into a future right-wing militia terrorist...

Seriously, good on the kid! Hope he had a fun day!
    British by birth. American by choice.

bought my 10yo kid one like 2 months ago. not a shot has been fired through it. the wife and i said, "screw it, we'll keep it for ourselves to have fun with. if he ends up wanting it later, it's all his.". strangest kid ever.
    blanco64 likes this.

Afternoons tagging cans with a BB gun was only surpassed when my dad bought me my first .22 rifle for Christmas (when I was a little older). Glad to see other kids having as much fun as we did.

Have four sons all grown now, out on their own but we sure have lots of memories at the range with their 10/22's and mk111 we sent lots of lead down range back than. When they come for a visit its always something they ask to do. Then go fishing wife still packs a great lunch an lots of fun seeing who shoots the best group or catches The biggest fish.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I would have honked and waved. A few times a year we get flatlanders calling 911 to report a man with a rifle or shotgun sighted wearing camo and an orange hat, in the forest. Usually on opening day.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I was driving home from work the other day and saw the neighbor boy walking in a field with a BB gun (his own property). He was being responsible, and for the couple of seconds that I saw him, seemed like he was having a good time. It was nice to see a member the next generation doing what I did when I was his age. Maybe things aren't as bad everywhere in this country as I sometimes think.
    Unfortunately there were probably half a dozen MWAG calls to police, and Child Protective Services are attempting to remove the child from his parents, deeming them unfit and a danger to his welfare.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Maybe things are getting better... Maybe there is hope for the future. The O/P's story warms my heart... I live in a gated apartment complex. When I came home friday afternoon I gound a group of neighboorhood kids playing cops and robbers with toy guns. I litterally had to stop and watch them. I havent seen kids play with toy guns in a long time. They were using pretty good tactics too..lol good use of cover, waiting for back-up. Made me feel good.

Sponsored Links