Glocks and M&Ps Are Back on the Shelves...Ammo, Too

This is a discussion on Glocks and M&Ps Are Back on the Shelves...Ammo, Too within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been looking to pick an M&Pc for awhile, and Sportsmen's Den in Shelby finally got some in stock. I went over today to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Glocks and M&Ps Are Back on the Shelves...Ammo, Too

VIP Member

Glocks and M&Ps Are Back on the Shelves...Ammo, Too

I have been looking to pick an M&Pc for awhile, and Sportsmen's Den in Shelby finally got some in stock. I went over today to pick one up, and they had several. They also had full size M&Ps and some Glocks, as well. I saw a 17, a 19, a 20s and a few others. They also had reasonably (comparatively) priced ammo, with no limits on quantities. I gave $499+tax for the M&P and $34.99 for 100 rounds of American Eagle 9mm. The gun counter was nearly deserted and my BC took about two minutes.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I hope it lasts and the prices normalize.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Not bad B&T shooting has had Glocks and M&P's in stock for awhile for about the same price. As far as ammo i'm still picking it up at WW.

That's an excellent price for the ammo, especially since you didn't have to pay shipping like you do with internet purchases. Of course there's always sales tax......

I would love to come back from overseas and see ammo prices dropped. Would really make me happy.

I keep hearing about positive signs regarding ammo, but here in northern Kentucky I've yet to see anything but .243 and 7mm, at least at Walmart.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    I keep hearing about positive signs regarding ammo, but here in northern Kentucky I've yet to see anything but .243 and 7mm, at least at Walmart.
    I haven't seen ammo at Walmart for months.
    357and40 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Glad to hear things are calming down just a little. I was fortunate enough to pick up a 250 round box of Remington UMC 9mm yesterday for $80. Glocks are easy to find where I'm from, but the M&P line is a little harder to come by, the compact versions being a real rarity. Ammo is still flying off the shelves but I've noticed a huge difference in the past month alone. I gave up on Wal-Mart. In my town they only ever have shotgun shells.

I haven't seen a new Glock or a box of 9mm since last year. I hope the availability continues to rise.

HCF
    Vances, Cabelas and Gander Mountain in reynoldsburg have guns in stock as well. Still seeing $19 box 50 for 9mm at those places.

I use Buds Gun Shop as a fairly good barometer of availability. Haven't seen this many Glocks in stock since before Sandy Hook.
    The G17's, 19's, 26's and 27's are usually only available for a short period and gone....still.

Buy Glock Pistols Handguns for Sale
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

There are tons of Glocks around here, and plenty of EBR's, too. The latter are still priced a little higher than they were pre-Sandy Hook but not incredibly so. For example Scheel's has two Sig 516's in stock for $2050 each, a little high but not rapacious. 9mm ammo is still not where I'd like to see it but they've had a decent stock of 115 gr FMJ for at least an entire week. Recently their policy changed to permit only 100 rounds or 1 bulk box per customer, and I suppose that's the main reason they're not out of 9mm yet. And the price is $18/50- very high but lower than a couple months back.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Premier guns and ammo both much more available here. AR's abound and even Glocks back in. As I posted in another thread I picked up 100 rds of Remington UMC 9mm for 30 bucks as well.

From what I have seen here and elsewhere though it does seem to be hit or miss by area, and as far as ammo, while it seems back in and at more reasonable prices they are still limiting how much you can buy per trip everyhwere.

Definitely positive news though.

Had a similar experience today at the LGS/range. They ration ammo to X boxes of 50 rounds per range visit, and it has been one or maybe two (if you come on a good day) for most common calibers. Well today it was four boxes for 9mm, which was awesome. I also noticed they had a huge selection of guns, far more than normal, including a few Sigs.

As for Wally World, I don't think you're going to see that situation improving as quickly but perhaps online will start looking better. I'm about to get me a SKS/Nagant and stock up on milsurp 7.62x39/54R for them, seems to be available and cheap still.
    BigPony likes this.

VIP Member
    Glad to hear it, but our local WW and Bass Pro have not had ammo for months.

One LGS has ammo of varying calibers but usually something that I own, but limits it to one box per caliber per customer per day. They are pretty cool, though, I was in there last Saturday and picked up a box of .22LR, .223 and .38 special and the guy at the counter pulls out a box of 5.56 and asks if I want it.

Same LGS had a pile of Glock 26 Gen 4's back on March 13, so I bought one....... 9 weeks later I am still waiting for my paperwork to come back from Maryland State Police.

Another LGS has a policy that after the 7 day wait you can take the gun and if your paperwork doesn't come back "Not Disapproved" (yes, that is actually what the stamp says, don't get me started) then you can take possession and have it out with the MSP on your own if there is an issue. Only problem is that because of this policy you have to be there on the right day to buy what you want. Everything else is sold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links