Finally got my CCW!!

Finally got my CCW!!

This is a discussion on Finally got my CCW!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; after 99 days of patiently waiting I finally received my concealed permit in the mail. So happy that now I can keep my G23 at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Finally got my CCW!!

Finally got my CCW!!

after 99 days of patiently waiting I finally received my concealed permit in the mail. So happy that now I can keep my G23 at my side at all times. Of course I did the customary Wally Walk. Buying some groceries never felt safer than with a .40 on your hip!

Also to celebrate the glorious occasion I had to go out and purchase myself a few new holsters. I got the Blackhawk Sepra CQC for OWB occasions and the Galco V-hawk for the IWB.

Blackhawk CQC.jpgCQC-holstered.JPGgalco v-hawk.jpgmag holder.jpg

The CQC is amazing. The finger release is so quick and natural. Love the paddle option for the click slip ons and offs when just running out for a second. And it actually holds the the gun quite high keeping the muzzle from poking out underneath short shirts. Although it is a little bulky and creates a decent size imprint. Something I wouldn't wear in heavy populated/public areas or when you plan on doing a lot of bouncing around wherever you are going. Even though this is the one I would prefer to wear at ALL times because it is by far my favorite, but some situations only call for IWB.

So that's why I got the Galco V-hawk as well. Also a fantastic holster. Fits perfectly right in the 4 o'clock position. Very comfortable to wear and move around with. Already put it to a few good tests. Took it out on a Wally World trip and did an entire grocery list. Almost forget it was even there it was so comfortable. And it was nice to be able to freely bend over and reach to grab things I needed at store without worrying about Mr. G23 poking his head out. So test 1 was a perfect success. test 2 was today at a work meeting. Had to sit in an uncomfortable chair for 6 hours watching uptraining videos and power points and never had one issue with my G23 at my side. Also even after walking around and even being in the limelight for some of the meeting still no one even had a clue that I was packing. Great work Galco. And the durability of the holster also seems top notch. My only con is very hard break in period. I'd be dead before I get the gun out if fully encased at this point. But if you are using good strong durable leather then that is an unavoidable start up issue.

All in all couldn't be a happier (and safer) camper with my new CCW permit and 2 new holsters, fit and ready for every occasion or situation.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FLGlocker23 View Post
    Finally got my CCW!! after 99 days of patiently waiting I finally received my concealed permit in the mail.
    Huh. Mail service on Memorial Day. I'm impressed. Maybe there's hope for the USPS after all. (Not)

Congratulations on the new responsibilities. Be safe.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Congrats FLGlock...the wait for the CCW can seem like an eternity with the backlog of applications. Enjoy the holsters and carry responsibly!
    FLGlocker23 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

VIP Member
    Congrats on the permit and welcome to the club!

Nice holsters as well.

As far as the Galco being tight, every one I own (3) I have had to do the same break in procedure.

Take a freezer bag (quart size, not the big giant ones) and wrap it around the slide and trigger guard, slide weapon into the holster and twist back and forth about 15 times. Leave it in the holster for 15 minutes or so. Repeat as necessary.

Two out of three I only had to do that twice. For some reason a particular shoulder holster for my Glock 30 I had to leave it in the holster like that all night.

Galco's Draw Ez helps as well.
    FLGlocker23 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Congrats on the CCW.The 99 days,is about what it takes in S.C.,now,give or take,from what i'm hearing..
    FLGlocker23 likes this.

99 days? I helped a coworker fill out her paperwork and just got hers and it was less than three weeks. Did you do the electronic finger print scans or the press/ink finger prints?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    99 days? I helped a coworker fill out her paperwork and just got hers and it was less than three weeks. Did you do the electronic finger print scans or the press/ink finger prints?
    Buddy that's STUPID fast for Florida right now no-matter the process.

Congrats FLglocker, I carry the gen4 g23 as well. What ammo did you choose to carry ?
    FLGlocker23 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Welcome

Congrats on the new permit!
    FLGlocker23 likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Congratulations! Now go out there and be a safe carrier.
    FLGlocker23 likes this.

CSL
    Congrats! Be wise and carry on.
    84160 and FLGlocker23 like this.
    Bible thumpin', gun totin' Hoosier

Join the NRA

What CSL said, and be safe.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    Buddy that's STUPID fast for Florida right now no-matter the process.
    I got mine years ago in 11 days from mail box to mail box. That's stupid fast.
    My understanding is that the finger print card is what slows the process. Electronic fingerprinting is Much-o quicker.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

R.M.G.O.-Member
    NRA-Life Member

Welcome to the club FLGlocker. When I lived in Fla and got my permit it was so easy to conceal. Everyone pretty much wears oversized tshirts or button down shirts left open with a tshirt underneath.

Well you seem responsible enough having immediately gotten the wallywalk done and over so you should be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I got mine years ago in 11 days from mail box to mail box. That's stupid fast.
    My understanding is that the finger print card is what slows the process. Electronic fingerprinting is Much-o quicker.
    I do not recall mine taking that long either. A matter of a couple weeks or so. But that was years ago for me too.
    FLGlocker23 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links