Kimber

Kimber

This is a discussion on Kimber within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok folks, I'm anxious to get my new Kimber today. Ordered a 1911 Tactical Pro II. Seems reviews are mixed, anyone care to share there ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Kimber

Kimber

Ok folks,
    I'm anxious to get my new Kimber today. Ordered a 1911 Tactical Pro II. Seems reviews are mixed, anyone care to share there feedback on this gun or Kimber in general?

Thanks

I've only got a few hundred rounds through my Gold Match II, but it's been flawless so far.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I have a custom II that was my primary carry for 4 years. It has been flawless.
    multistage likes this.

I cant afford to own one, but I have at least 200 flawless rounds through my friends stainless TLE ...... i love shooting it. A raptor is on my to buy list one of these days
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Is Kimber the high priced version of a Taurus? I know there are plenty who defend them but also a lot of chatter about reliability issues and that dreaded MIM debate. I have no dog on this fight. I'm considering an Ultra Carry 2 myself. What makes me pause is the hate many have for this brand.

Kimbers are fine pistols. I've owned three and have had nary a hiccup from any of them. Are there some lemons out there? No doubt, but when you make and sell as many guns as Kimber does there will be a few specimens of less than perfect quality. And the owners of those lemons cry out at the top of their lungs about what pieces of trash they are, so you hear about it in a disproportionate manner. Believe me when I tell you that there are many, many happy Kimber owners to every one hater.

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Is Kimber the high priced version of a Taurus? I know there are plenty who defend them but also a lot of chatter about reliability issues and that dreaded MIM debate. I have no dog on this fight. I'm considering an Ultra Carry 2 myself. What makes me pause is the hate many have for this brand.
    Folks that can't afford a Ferrari or pay admission to the showroom floor will tell how much they stink. I've got a Kimber. Beautiful pistol...Kimber custom shop...nothing finer...Go buy a Taurus.
    Rhcmlc likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I've read about problems with the Solo pocket pistols, but otherwise they seem to have a good rep.

I would depend on my Kimber Ultra II CDP with my life. It has always worked as it should. I've heard that some of the latest models were problematic but I have not experienced that with my Kimber.

This is my first 1911. I've really struggled with what to buy, shoot and carry. I shot one at the range maybe a year ago, and I loved the trigger and was dead on with tit. I know a couple friends that loves their's; one told me the resale never goes away, so I decided to buy one. I'll let you know what I find out.
    Thanks for the feedback

I own a Kimber Pro Carry II, Beautiful trigger, dead on, absolutely no problems. Paid $975 and I gor a great gun. See avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Folks that can't afford a Ferrari or pay admission to the showroom floor will tell how much they stink. I've got a Kimber. Beautiful pistol...Kimber custom shop...nothing finer...Go buy a Taurus.
    It's Kimber owners (or previous owners) that rag on the brand. I think they shelled out as many dollars as you did. I never owned a Kimber but I'm interested in one. And yes I can afford one just in case you were wondering.

Kimber makes a fine handgun, as does S&W, Kruger, Walther, and many others, even Taurus. They also make a few lemons, it's just the nature of the beast, that is a man made mechanical product. You buy one and it works or it doesn't. If not you get it fixed r replaced. It's even worse now because all of the assembly lines are running at Max capacity and that always hurts quality.
    maxwell97 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    It sure is pretty. It looks a little big for EDC but if you dress around it it should be OK. without being a wise guy if you have already ordered it and ready to pick it up isn't a little late to be asking opinions about the gun? I know some people that own Kimbers and they like them but it is definitely more money that I prefer to spend on a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    I have a custom II that was my primary carry for 4 years. It has been flawless.
    Had mine since 2004 maybe? Never had an issue. Tack driver. Don't like the blocky sights but I don't EDC it so it's really just a range gun.
    JIm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links