Wait getting shorter for FL concealed weapons license

This is a discussion on Wait getting shorter for FL concealed weapons license within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Interesting story out of Jacksonville.... Wait getting shorter for concealed weapons license | News - Home...

Thread: Wait getting shorter for FL concealed weapons license

Interesting story out of Jacksonville....

Wait getting shorter for concealed weapons license | News - Home
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Back in '09, mine took nearly the full 90 days allotted. Every time these major surges happen people wonder why the state doesn't just hire more processors. They fail to understand that it's a long process for the state to add personnel slots, get the funding, go thru the hiring procedure, etc. It ain't happening in a week!

My LGS is betting back to normal. Wall displays are filled, ammo in most calibers on the shelf at reasonable prices, although they are still maintaining limits. Reloading components are scare still.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

To those applying I would say, "Pay attention to detail." Had friends, husband and wife, recently apply and were unnecessarily delayed. He failed to fill in all the blanks and her prints were not clear enough (that one should be on the LEO office, should have ensured they were correct).

I applied in the first week of Feb and got mine in the first week of April so about 60 days...that's pretty fast considering when I called in Feb. the first appointment I could get was May 14..I bypassed the appointment and mailed it in myself after getting the digital prints. Not bad at all !

Apparently I was extremely luck, back in January when I called on Monday to get an appointment in the Jacksonville office they had an opening on Thursday, permit in hand the following Saturday. When my wife called in April they had opening everyday. If you are in North Florida call the Jax office, they seem to have the system perfected.

Sponsored Links