I Love the Gunshine State *Florida*

This is a discussion on I Love the Gunshine State *Florida* within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As much as we are ass backwards in some of our ways, VOTING for example.. I must say I love my home state. We have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I Love the Gunshine State *Florida*

I Love the Gunshine State *Florida*

As much as we are ass backwards in some of our ways, VOTING for example.. I must say I love my home state. We have no magazine limit, awesome CC reciprocity, More concealed carriers than any other state, you cant drive 5 miles in any direction without passing a gun shop( tampa bay) making for an awesome gun market to support us. etc etc .. While out to dinner at a typical florida style restaurant last night a gentleman at a nearby table overheard our parties talk of guns. Him and his wife turned their chairs towards us and joined in our conversation. A few minutes later someone else overheard us and gave us the thumbs up and waiting for his CCW in the mail. 5 CCW holders on the patio alone, how's that for security !? Since carrying is usually a private hush hush thing it was nice to share a little camaraderie out side of a shooting range or gun shop. I love Florida.

2. Remove Ads

Amazing how much different a heavily-armed society can be. Social, respectful, engaging ... alive. Very different from holes where folks are effectively cowering indoors for fear of meeting the wolves that are everywhere. Gotta love it.

If only we can get such high densities of lawful carriers everywhere.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Sap03: As much we are ass backwards in some of our ways, VOTING for example.

It is our way of life and i see no reason to change. Voting, How so? I have lived in most of the southern states, Texas, and Ct. and the voting process/procedures are mostly the same.

There are people that are hell bent on making us as NY state, one of them is Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
    hogdaddy and zonker1986 like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post

It is our way of life and i see no reason to change. Voting, How so? I have lived in most of the southern states, Texas, and Ct. and the voting process/procedures are mostly the same.
    That was the least important part of that post... Do you remember the recount of 2000, Maybe how we were the last to get out numbers in last election The election jokes are all on Florida - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_election_recount

Yep. Was getting my alarm system installed yesterday evening and the talk with the installer quickly turned to guns and shooting.He was a 10mm guy. Another thing I've noticed are the bumper stickers. Not that I'm into advertising on my car but I've seen more NRA stickers down here than I ever did in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    That was the least important part of that post... Do you remember the recount of 2000, Maybe how we were the last to get out numbers in last election The election jokes are all on Florida - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_election_recount
    Many other states encountered the same problems but were not consider to have any impact on the outcome of the Election as was Florida. As always the media runs the most news worthy articles and the election could have been won or lost on the recount, not so in the other states.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Here in the Ft. Pierce vicinity, nearly everyone CC's, including those without CWFLs. You won't see Ft. P on any of the "Come see Florida!" brochures.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Many other states encountered the same problems but were not consider to have any impact on the outcome of the Election as was Florida. As always the media runs the most news worthy articles and the election could have been won or lost on the recount, not so in the other states.
    Chuck with guns being a hot political topic lately, I was simply,briefly trying to point out that while Florida is not known for elections per se, We are a great state for guns and gun laws..can you dig it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    Chuck with guns being a hot political topic lately, I was simply,briefly trying to point out that while Florida is not known for elections per se, We are a great state for guns and gun laws..can you dig it ?
    You made the statement and I commented on the statement. Nuff said.
    US Army 1953-1977

— Abraham Lincoln

You made the statement and I commented on the statement. Nuff said.

Il take that as YES , You like where Florida stands on guns ! Good job !

When I was down there in the Tampa Area I had a concealed permit and was fortunate enough to live half a mile from an indoor shooting range. I just really never could adapt to the loss of the change of seasons and the traffic and the lower wages by comparison. But yeah. Very gun friendly state.. then again so is the place I moved back up to :P

And Florida has great turn around times on permit approval! I just moved here May 1 and had sent off for my Florida permit back at the end of March. They told me I was looking at the end of June to here back. Well it showed up in the mail just 10 minutes ago! Yay for Florida!

It was good to know that my Colorado permit was still good while I was waiting but it feels even better having the one that says Florida as opposed to City and County of Denver.
    Last edited by Darrow75; June 1st, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
    BugDude likes this.

When the stand your ground law was adapted... there was supposed to be blood running in the streets... What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    When the stand your ground law was adapted... there was supposed to be blood running in the streets... What happened?
    if you are looking for blood in the streets, look no further than a city with the strictest gun laws in the country and NO concealed carry for citizens....

the Windy City --Chicago, Illinois.

After having 49 states pass carry laws, you would think the liberals would come up with another slogan besides....."the wild, wild west", and "there will
    be blood running in the streets". Hasn't happened.....yet they continue with their ridiculous cliches.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post

Amazing how much different a heavily-armed society can be. Social, respectful, engaging ... alive. Very different from holes where folks are effectively cowering indoors for fear of meeting the wolves that are everywhere. Gotta love it.

If only we can get such high densities of lawful carriers everywhere.
    dont kid yourself,while I am 100% pro gun Florida has as much crime as any state or more
    its heavily populated with illegals and drug dealers ...I love Florida but I always pack because of the un expected
    this is America 350 million guns in circulation............. :)

We right wingers have this notion that an armed society is a polite society and that may be true
    but the bad guys are not polite and many times armed as well.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links