gunbroker.com??

This is a discussion on gunbroker.com?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Any one ever buy ammo from this site? I've never bought ammo online before but I cann't find it in the stores. What are some ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gunbroker.com??

gunbroker.com??

Any one ever buy ammo from this site? I've never bought ammo online before but I cann't find it in the stores. What are some of the things to look out for and how would I know if I'm getting factory ammo or some ones reloads?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Really no way to tell. You'll just have to take their word for it and let the rough end drag....
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I've purchased bulk .308 Fed GMM a few times always satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

VIP Member
    Never used that site but have used others plenty.

Zero problems to date.

I always try to purchase ammo in factory boxes. However, I have bought private label ammo as well and never had a problem!
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Gunbroker does not guarantee or warranty the items sold on their site. They are simply a internet conduit for buying and selling. Am eBay for gun, knife and bow folks if you will.

You have to look at the rating for the seller to get an idea of how reliable and trustworthy they might be.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

I have purchased ammon from this site more than half dozen times with no problems at all. Just look at the rating of the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHoss View Post
    Any one ever buy ammo from this site? I've never bought ammo online before but I cann't find it in the stores. What are some of the things to look out for and how would I know if I'm getting factory ammo or some ones reloads?
    Sure, many times.

Keep in mind that GB is merely a classified ads board much like any other such board. Except that it has qualified buyers/sellers, a ratings system and history, and ties into people's ccards. Basically, I use many of the same caveats and steps as I would when buying any other "classified ad" type product.

As for having questions about the product you're considering, be sure to ask all your questions beforehand, as with any purchase. You'll be about as sure as you're going to be, when buying sight-unseen. Myself, I speak with the person on the telephone and get my questions answered that way, which (for me) helps assure me the seller's real, motivated, has the product as claimed, etc. The key is: vet the seller and product yourself, to the degree that satisfies you. That's your responsibility as buyer.

In the end, despite GB being better than most (IMO), it's still the responsibility of the buyer and seller to make the arrangements, be honest, etc. GB is just the middleman, helps with payment, communication. Works well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have bought a couple actual guns from gunbroker that I could not find anyplace else. The thing to be concerned about is what you are being charged. I checked out ammo prices (especially looking for .22lr) and I would have needed to blow my rape whistle to buy from there.

Thanks for the help.

Call your area walmarts in the morn 7 to 8 am I have had good luck, at least once a week I have been able to get 9 mm an .38 at 13.99 a box mostly Federal

Ive bought a bunch of 50BMG from GB. Have some .22 coming. The seller will picture and descrie the ammo. Buy as you would any auction. Know what you are buying and check sellers comments.

Roger

"ammoscalper.com"

Most of the sellers on gunbroker are LGS. usually they are on the up and up. I would stay away from individual sellers. Also look at their seller rating and feedback. I usually don't purchase unless there is free shipping. Remember it is illegal for someone without an FFL to sell reloads, so I always message (individual sellers) them "These aren't reloads right? Are you an FFL Holder?" Best to investigate as thorough as possible.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

I've both bought and sold ammunition through Gunbroker. It's always gone well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links