Bushmaster Ar question

This is a discussion on Bushmaster Ar question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am looking for an AR 15 style rifle. A LGS said they have an ar 15 at their other store location. Owner said its ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 91wm6
  • 1 Post By noway2

Thread: Bushmaster Ar question

Bushmaster Ar question

I am looking for an AR 15 style rifle. A LGS said they have an ar 15 at their other store location. Owner said its s Bushmaster flat top AR with collapsible stock. Price was $799. I searched the Internet but could not find a bushmaster with this configuration for that price. Opinions?
    Jabraun

2. Remove Ads

Is it a Carbon 15 model?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Sounds like a Carbon 15. Good starter AR. If the price is fair to you (and it doesn't sound bad) go for it! Just remember to post pics!

Good basic range-starter AR. I would grab it for that price if I were you. It will be just fine for you short of deploying with it to Afghanistan.

If it is the Carbon 15 I highly recommend you stay away from it. It's junk...
    Fisher10 likes this.

My cousin has one and it is just fine. The model had some problems when it came out several years ago, then again even Glocks have issues typically when a new line is very first released, but his has worked flawlessly for him and the newer models are just fine. Like I said, unless you plan on putting 10,000 rounds through it or get deployed with it, it is a good rifle.

I think i might just build... Will a Troy upper with a PSA lower be good?

Buds has cmmg, double star, dpms, and bushmasters in stock in that price range. Building your own doesn't really save much money but it is kind of fun. The PSA lower is as good as any other. Mating a completed upper to a bcg, charging handle, and home built lower isn't really "building" a rifle though. It's just building a lower. Not much money to be saved there. Especially since when you buy the parts individually, there's a tendency to buy sexier parts than the standard lower parts kits contain.

Here's an awesome BCM upper in stock. I love the mid-length gas systems.
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-B...d-16%20bfh.htm
    It's the start of a semi expensive but very nice rifle. The benefit of buying it piece at a time is that you can spread the pain.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Before you put money down on a gun, I would highly recommend reading up on the subject as it may influence your choice. Try this link: So you want to buy an AR-15, huh?

There are a couple of key things that you need to pay attention to that might make the difference between being happy with your purchase and wishing you had bought something else for the same or slightly more money, such as chambering for both 5.56 and .223 and barrel twist rate, both of which greatly effect the ammunition you will be able to use.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

Links