Mag Tactical Lower

This is a discussion on Mag Tactical Lower within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently purchased a complete mag tactical lower. It has a CMMG LPK in it and a collapsible stock. Is this a good, quality lower? ...

Thread: Mag Tactical Lower

Mag Tactical Lower

I recently purchased a complete mag tactical lower. It has a CMMG LPK in it and a collapsible stock. Is this a good, quality lower? Is this a SAFE choice for my first ar build?
    Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Not having any experience with AR builds, or ARs in general, other than shooting a couple, I can't answer your question. I will say (please don't take this personally, as I'm saying this for the benefit of others who may have similar questions) that this is a question that should be asked before a purchase, not after. Having said that, I'm sure some people here can speak to the quality of the Mag tactical lower.

I don't think there's such a thing as a "bad" AR lower anymore. Making a lower is pretty common, enough so that it wouod be hard to get it wrong. The only variable is the size of your buffer tube if you should want to change later. If the LPK fits and functions go ahead and build it. I wish I could find a reasonable set of anything to build lately.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

CMMG makes great quality lowers, and I own several CMMG firearms. As for bad quality lowers I have yet to experience a bad one. Though I always dismantle complete lowers I receive, and replace it with my lowers.
    FFL 07 / SOT 2. I run a small hobby shop that makes custom firearms, and high performance ammunition.

Links